Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Is that WSB I hear croaking in the background or the bugs rubbing antennas?

Great video!

Upvote 0

soskunked

Jul 11, 2007
Fullerton, CA
Name
Steve
Boat
1979 42' Uniflite Sportfisher
Only two words come to mind...garlic and butter. We'll never get that location but lobster diving near the Isthmus has been something I've never seen. They're EVERYWHERE! My buddy has a catch rate 4x mine and he caught his limit in literally 5 minutes. He did three limit dives on the same tank! I think we can thank El Nino for this too...sigh...I love you El Nino...

Upvote 0

Team Ball's Out

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
We had a place like that years ago! We called it Valley of the Toads!

Upvote 0

Randy V

Slamma Jamma
Mar 19, 2008
Insane Diego, CA
Name
Randy
Boat
30' Kona Star
Here's some good info on keeping and cooking large lobsters:

http://www.cookingissues.com/index.html?p=4296.html[/QUOTE]

That's an accurate account of all things related to taking and cooking big lobster. Only the big females should be released - the big males do not contribute to the sustainability like the females do.

If the lobster you eat is tough and chewy, regardless of the size, it has been overcooked. Hence the accepted thinking that larger lobster are not as good as smaller ones. That's simply because they have to be overcooked in order to cook them all the way through. Piece them out and that is no longer an issue.

Like how butterflying a thick filet mignon allows it to cook properly throughout without overcooking and similar to how overcooking shrimp makes them tough and chewy.

Reactions: Tyco_the_Bull
Upvote 0

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
I love the "holy sh*t" with the regulator! At the one minute mark.

So sick!

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Wow!
Tell me honestly,is that video all one dive-one night?

Upvote 0

Rick_C

Oct 14, 2008
GG
Name
Rick
Boat
did you keep any. that was one of the coolest videos I have ever seen.
I release lobster over 6lbs (which despite how it looks in the video are generally a very rare encounter) and do keep smaller legal ones. Favorite size for keeping would be three pounders.

Tell me honestly,is that video all one dive-one night?[/QUOTE] I wish I could say it's a single dive. I actually wish I could say it's an average dive. But, in actuality the video is a compilation from multiple dives and different days.

Upvote 0