WanaBe Moderator
Jul 2, 2003
Downey,Ca
Name
Roger
Boat
What Boat?
I usually get out atleast twice a week.
Monday,Wednesday and weekend nights are the best times for me to get out.

Looking for regular crew/divers to come out and bug dive.

I prefer scuba divers since most of our dives are from 25-80ft. or deeper if you like to dive deep.

Must be a very advanced diver since we always dive solo and you must be able to catch bugs.

26ft Striper docked at Redondo King Harbor and always ready to go!

[email protected]

dshep75

Aug 26, 2005
Montana
Name
Dan
Boat
none
live in sd. experienced scuba, freedive, bugging, and spearing. can dive 7 days. always looking for dive buddies especially lobster this time of year. anyone looking to go PM me.

cprman

Band geek
Mar 28, 2003
Santee
www.allheartcpr.com
Name
Gary
Boat
28 ft bertram twin
hey daniel,
My Name is Gary Chiles, I go by CPR Man on the posts.I would love to get with some people that dive for the bugs.Ive only tried it a couple of times and am terrible at grabbin em.I have to be honest though, i havent been in the water since last year and might need an experienced diver to guide me a little and maybe find someone who can help me go through my gear to make sure my shits safe.Good news though, I do have a pretty good boat for diving and I have a pool at the house for checkin shit out in before a dive,if youre interested , give me a call on my cell @ 619-997-7236.I will also provide a boat for divers buggin for an even split on the bugs.thanx, Gary.

WillWilson

Mar 30, 2006
Temecula, CA
Name
Will Wilson
Boat
17' Avon CRRC
My buddy and I (50 plus dives this year) are going to Baja, Bahia Los Angeles, November 7-11 and need, want two other to share expenses. We will dive with Ricardo in BOLA. Travel 7 and 11, dive eight, nine and ten. Two dives with four divers comes out to 6o dollars a day per diver, total cost for three days, six dives is one eighty. Will camp at Archelon for eight dollars a night. Need two divers who can tolerate eleven hours in a toyota crew cab one way and have own gear. Ricardo typically gets us scallops for ceviche. I can be reached at 951. 691. 9115. Need cot and sleeping bag, some beer and money and easy going attitude. Likely leaving from the I.E. Th. p.m. Two spots. Call me if you want to join us.

Fishahman

Aug 4, 2005
San Diego
Name
D
Boat
Wet Suit
Been wanting to do some hunting for halibut...I live in Ocean Beach...anybody want to go tonight tomorrow or anytime soon

tecateando

Jan 11, 2009
Ensenada, BC, MX
Name
Forrest
Boat
Parker 1801 CC, "La Mañanera"
if anyone is into spearfishing in the ensenada area drop me a line. my parker is always ready to go in marina coral.

Incredible

Mar 4, 2006
Norco
Name
Chuck
Boat
Kayak
Any kayak divers like to dive Orange county? I have about 25 years experience and lots of bottom time. I dive off my Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident. Interested in scallops,spear fishing,exploring kelp beds. Looking for other kayak divers to dive with. Experience is not an issue.

TAILCHASER75

Jan 27, 2009
Waikiki Honolulu, HI
Name
Kyle
Boat
HO
I am moving back to SO CAL soon and am looking forward to getting in the h20 with some peeps and if anyone wants to get out i willl be going out of laguna a few times a week as well as dana and sc. any peeps wanna pair up i dont dive alone! let me know! happy hunting!

Pelagos

Aug 7, 2003
Newport Beach - CA
Name
Chan
Boat
Pelagos
Hi:

I'm interested in organizing spearfishing dives. I have a glacier bay 2270 (cabin) catamaran and have logged hundreds of hours on her chasing tuna, wsb, yellowtail, dorado, makos etc. from catalina to mexico. Standard deal - all expenses split equally, yada yada. I am in Newport Beach but the boat is on a trailer and I can go anywhere.

My current interest is freediving/patty hopping for yt/wsb/mahi etc.

I have over 800 logged dives, most of which are shore dives in shallow water (<50') at night catching lobsters. Biggest so far is 8.5# caught @ main beach in Laguna last season.

I have all the gear / toys. Looking for competent, responsible divers who are passionate about the sport and looking to get wet.

pm me any time.

fishmuncher

Jul 28, 2009
los angeles/CA/USA
Name
matt
Boat
none
hey boys-

I'm looking for a buddy or two here. I'm down to dive day or night, depending on what day of the week. Looking for fish and of course bugs soon. I know my way around malibu, but haven't ventured elsewhere...I'm a reliable partner and an enthusiastic and smart diver. Hit me up so we can dive.

Matt
310-351-0659

[email protected]

Sonic Blue

Sep 15, 2009
San Diego
www.scottfamilylaw.net
Name
Jim Scott
Boat
F - 17
Hello Men,

I am willing to share all expenses. Located in San Diego, I had rather extensive free diving in my 20s and 30s, now an old man in fairly decent shape. Would like to get back to the kill. Most interested in warmer water, early mornings, calm surface, roasted steaks.

Jim
858-414-8146

pitted25

Jun 15, 2007
california
Name
jerry
Boat
n/a
Looking for a freedive buddy for lobsters down in Laguna. Would like to get in one dive a week. PM me if interested

the_butcher

Nov 7, 2009
carlsbad, ca
Name
butch
Boat
mako 17
Live in Carlsbad. Mostly dive from La Jolla to Crystal Cove. I freedive and scuba. Only dive to hunt. Scuba Rescue Certified. Freedive "performance Freedive Certified". Dive solo a few times a week. Buddies welcolmed.

jseide

Dec 22, 2009
San Clemente Ca
Name
James
Boat
N/A
I looking as well to get hooked up with some fellas to go spearfish Oc or Sd, Im fairly new to this as well! Any Takers, Id be totally stoked!!

James

949-302-7270

imDEREK

Jul 19, 2007
OB
Name
Derek
Boat
26' Panga
I'm 22

I do shore dives and boat dives: PLK, LJ, cardiff, flatrock

I am a former NCAA I swimmer, I work on a sportboat, and have shot wsb, yt, etc.

I survived a very close encounter with death this summer. I was swimming up a seabass off northwest corner when I suffered SWB. Hospitalized. I was cautious before, now I am extra careful. Diving is the best hobby in the world, but it's just a hobby; I want to come home.

Derek 858/945/7675

TEX

Apr 11, 2007
San Diego
Name
Dallas
Boat
Churchills
Hey I am looking for a lobster diving buddy. I usually go to Sunset Cliffs I am use to the very poor viz. If anyone would buddy up just pm me. I am willing to expand my hunting grounds also. Thanks

brumsky

Sep 6, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Just moved to the area, came across this thread. Saw it has been cold for a while, hoping to meet some people to spearfish with. Probably will PM a few of you, see if you are still checking the forums.

Im a Naval officer stationed at Camp Pendleton. Love spearfishing. Used to live in Hawaii and went every day on the reefs during my lunch break. Experienced at night dives, used to reef sharks trying to steal my catch. Am dive certified, have my own gear. Don't have a boat yet, but looking for one. Wife lives out of state, so have lots of free time.

Wanting to meet people to spearfish/lobster. Would be a reliable dive partner.

If you go solo or with a group and have room....give me a shout. Let me pay for gas and buy a round of suds at the marina afterwards.

Shoot me a reply, PM, or email anytime. [email protected]

-Mike

sam1963

Jun 6, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Sam Murphy
Boat
12.5' Fish N Dive
NAUI certified 1985 open water, PADI Advanced 2001, PADI medic first aid certified
2002. PADI Rescue diver certified 2002. I dive at least once week from October to March. My friends and I have an agreement that we will get in the water together but we split up and hunt alone, Hunting for lobsters is a lot like an Easter egg hunt, it just don't work in pairs, but it's cool to hang out and see who got the most eggs at the end.
We practice self rescue. I have also been surfing for 38 years and am in dam good shape, I like making new friends. P/M me for a dive.
Any body going on the Bottom Scratcher October 2nd, for the Saturday night lobster hunt, 3 dives for $125.

Status
Not open for further replies.