yakdout

Professional
Jun 26, 2014
San Diego
Name
Brandon
Boat Name
s and hoes
I think some of you are confused. He isn’t suggesting sending a sinker down with a hook on it (I’m not saying it won’t work). But for discussion sake, he’s talking about a drop shot rig with a sardine on it. I don’t personally like the idea due to lack of movement the bait can have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bend Session

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jan 3, 2017
    COSTA MESA
    Name
    SEAWOLF
    Boat Name
    JACK COLE SPECIAL
    I think some of you are confused. He isn’t suggesting sending a sink down with a hook on it (I’m not saying it won’t work). But for discussion sake, he’s talking about a drop shot rig with a sardine on it. I don’t personally like the idea due to lack of movement the bait can have.
    The dropper loop knot woundnt be the best for a big tuna - IMO

Upvote 0

ghettosled

Aug 18, 2016
    Encinitas
    Name
    A-Salt-Weapon
    Boat Name
    A few
    I think some of you are confused. He isn’t suggesting sending a sinker down with a hook on it (I’m not saying it won’t work). But for discussion sake, he’s talking about a drop shot rig with a sardine on it. I don’t personally like the idea due to lack of movement the bait can have.
    Kayle (pic from NLA) was fishing a torpedo sinker with assist hooks connected to it via split ring. I think the bite was fairly hot, but he caught over 10 fish with just the torpedo (that night)

I finally got one on the drop shot sinker rig last week. Fish were under 100 lbs so i used 50# BW with 30lb mono and the sinker broke off during the fight as expected. it was working quite well for most of the boat. Sent down quickly to 100ft then slow. Line went slack at 150ft and i wound into the bite.

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Sep 27, 2015
    Hotchkiss Colorado
    Name
    Tom Honaker
    Boat Name
    Royal Star
    Kayle (pic from NLA) was fishing a torpedo sinker with assist hooks connected to it via split ring. I think the bite was fairly hot, but he caught over 10 fish with just the torpedo (that night)

I finally got one on the drop shot sinker rig last week. Fish were under 100 lbs so i used 50# BW with 30lb mono and the sinker broke off during the fight as expected. it was working quite well for most of the boat. Sent down quickly to 100ft then slow. Line went slack at 150ft and i wound into the bite.
    I freaking love that outside the box thinking! If the fish are chewing, that totally makes sense! Bomb a rigged torpedo sinker down, when there in full blown feeding mode, if a bluefin doesn't eat it, his buddy will! Maybe even a lumo glow torpedo! I like that type if thinking!!!

Upvote 0