Did you hear that?

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
Amazing. Tomorrow, it’s possible there will be a bunch of people that get to say they caught a yellowfin in December in local waters!

How many times has that happened over the years?

Reactions: Ctony.clark

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Amazing. Tomorrow, it’s possible there will be a bunch of people that get to say they caught a yellowfin in December in local waters!

If I remember correctly December 2015/January 2016 yellowfin were living on Cortez and lasted through a bunch of storms. But yeah it’s definitely not something to rely on.

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
If I remember correctly December 2015/January 2016 yellowfin were living on Cortez and lasted through a bunch of storms. But yeah it’s definitely not something to rely on.
Hmm, interesting.

But it seems like we can sort of rely on the fishing being pretty awesome tomorrow!!! All of the boats out there today are loading up on the YFT apparently and the Grande is on a school of giant BFT in full day range!!!

SMYLEE

Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
WFO YT bite south 9 on HUGE pattys brought up by the storm we fished a party today that was the size of a house and had a school of 8-15lb YT under it. And after we limited and played catch and release. We kept moving south but kept running into HUGE pattys full of YT. No tuna today tho but a great day on the water

Reactions: Sawmill killer

blubby07

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
Im fishing san salvador knoll tuesday and hear its going real good. We will see

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
The reports are great, but want to ensure they're within the 1 day trips. If the South 9 description above is true, that's cool.

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
SAN DIEGO
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
the tuna will be here until I quit fishing , lol. tomorrow should be another epic trip.

kzaam1

Nov 7, 2018
San Diego
Name
Kzaam
Boat
Jasmine
You guys should jump on the Grande. They have something figured out with those monster bluefin. They found the same size fish on two straight trips. All fish were between 100-150 pounds. They canceled today's trip since nobody signed up but those fish are within full day range. It's a very good boat.

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
BFT will stick around in our waters as long as its plugged with bait. The water temp and clarity does not matter if they can jug up on bait. Remember very large ones to over a 1000lbs were netted as they moved from Cortes bank to Santa Rosa Island in mid January in the past