T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
It was a great day for us on Sunday as we caught a 60-70lber outside Dana Point Harbor. However, if anyone should happen to find a spreader bar floating somewhere between 6 miles out of Dana Harbor or washed up on the beach somewhere between there and say Oceanside or even more south, I know Alex from Hogan's Tackle would like to have it back. Our fun was cut short at the end of the day by some googan on autopilot not paying attention to our line and our waving and hollering not to cross our stern. Needless to say, he cut off the spreader bar with a long 100lb mono leader, heavy duty snap swivel and a section of 130lb white spectra. The spreader bar had a pink stationary bird cracked down its seam at the center with pink/purple squid trailers and yellow squid hook jig. If you find it and do the right thing, good karma to you. Help Alex out, he's good people.

Last edited:
SovietBear
SovietBear
Two sides to every story. I've seen some idiots trolling around other boats...
Upvote 0

T-Tang

Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
Could have wrapped around his prop.
Possibly, but when he went over it, there was no unspooling of my reel. It just went loose, like it had been clean cut. I'm just seeing if anyone can keep an eye out for it as I am feeling really terrible for losing it (that feeling when you do everything in your power to safeguard things that people let you borrow and forces out of your control result in failure to do so, it's really defeating).

Reactions: onehottip

Blackfish

Marble collector.
Sep 20, 2005
My Backyard
Name
Boat
toy
How close were you to Dana Point. Report for Dp would be cool.

oceanmeat
oceanmeat
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

T-Tang

Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
aguachico
aguachico
I have a wooden and plastic bird on my spreader, they both float. the rear squids should have floats. This is why you can stop on a paddy and leave the spreader deployed
Reactions: T-Tang
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Dream to fish

Deck Swaby
Jul 25, 2009
Hell, CA
Name
Phil
Boat
20' Beachcraft Cuddy
Possibly, but when he went over it, there was no unspooling of my reel. It just went loose, like it had been clean cut. I'm just seeing if anyone can keep an eye out for it as I am feeling really terrible for losing it (that feeling when you do everything in your power to safeguard things that people let you borrow and forces out of your control result in failure to do so, it's really defeating).
I feel your pain, and it would be awesome if it was found and returned. That said, it's none of my business but it kinda sounds like you owe the guy $275 or whatever? You borrowed it, ultimately, you lost it even though it sounds like it wasn't your fault. Not trying to be a jerk here, just saying.

T-Tang

Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
I feel your pain, and it would be awesome if it was found and returned. That said, it's none of my business but it kinda sounds like you owe the guy $275 or whatever? You borrowed it, ultimately, you lost it even though it sounds like it wasn't your fault. Not trying to be a jerk here, just saying.
No worries, I've been corresponding with Alex on that very matter should it not be found. I take full responsibility, even if some idiot's negligence to be alert at his helm, resulted in the loss of mine and anyone else's equipment.

Upvote 0

Dream to fish

Deck Swaby
Jul 25, 2009
Hell, CA
Name
Phil
Boat
20' Beachcraft Cuddy
No worries, I've been corresponding with Alex on that very matter should it not be found. I take full responsibility, even if some idiot's negligence to be alert at his helm, resulted in the loss of mine and anyone else's equipment.
Right on. Refreshing to hear that there's still standup people in the world. Hopefully it will turn up and if not, you'll be able to sleep at night and karma won't bite you with a dry spell of skunk days...lol. Carry on

Reactions: T-Tang
Upvote 0

T-Tang

Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
Right on. Refreshing to hear that there's still standup people in the world. Hopefully it will turn up and if not, you'll be able to sleep at night and karma won't bite you with a dry spell of skunk days...lol. Carry on
Yes, I try to maintain a sense of honor in a day and age where honor is becoming more scarce.

Upvote 0

pascuale

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Ethan
    Boat
    3rd world country panga fleet
    Mine float. I make them with floats i side so they sit up high and dont drag under the water. Also easier to find if this happens and wind in.
    D435AD75-59AA-4524-8128-519A14B973D8.jpeg

Upvote 0