salmonkillerSeahawk

Almost A Member
Aug 21, 2017
Covington
Name
Bryan
Boat
21NR Seahawk
Does anyone know of a shop or reputable individual installing diamond plate locally (Kent) ? My Seahawk floorboards are starting to get soft spots in them..

Upvote 0

Cohoho

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
Super easy to do. I did my 23 Wooldridge a few years ago. Circular saw with carbide bit set on shallow height cuts it like wood. Use your old flooring as template. I dulled mine down to keep initial glare to a minimum.

Upvote 0

salmonkillerSeahawk

Almost A Member
Aug 21, 2017
Covington
Name
Bryan
Boat
21NR Seahawk
Super easy to do. I did my 23 Wooldridge a few years ago. Circular saw with carbide bit set on shallow height cuts it like wood. Use your old flooring as template. I dulled mine down to keep initial glare to a minimum.
I was told and have seen online there is a little bit more involved.. building extra support and also the hatches need to be built from DP as well. I dont have any welding skills or tools.

Upvote 0

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
I was told and have seen online there is a little bit more involved.. building extra support and also the hatches need to be built from DP as well. I dont have any welding skills or tools.
Depends on thickness and what sub structure looks like. In doubt take it to Rudnick Manufacturing and have them do it for you. Nobody is better in the area at fabrication stuff.

Upvote 0

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
I used a chemical to dull it, was perfect and regards to the slipperyness, I didn’t think it was slippery at all, but I always wore tuff ones type boots.

EB94C31A-35ED-48A1-873E-0873DF08759C.jpeg

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    A 20' stick of 1"X2"X.190" rectangle cut to go between the box Stringers. 4" X1"W wide straps welded to on either end to fit between the box Stringers, 12" apart. Attached with screws to the BS. As was mentioned circular saw will cut the Diamond Plate. The supports will give the plate the strength to withstand your walking on it. Without the floor will flex aka "oilcan". You will need about 3 to 4 sheets. I have one support for you to pattern. A friend wanted his 20' Seahawk done. I made him the supports. He and another friend did the plate work. A .190" aka 3/16" drill bit followed by a 1/4"x20 tap will thread the box Stringers. Easy Peasy Japanesy.

Don't be scared!

Upvote 0

goatram

• Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Acid wash the plates after you debut the edges.

I can show you what you need to do.

Approximately 31 7/8" between the boxes. You will need to measure and cut to fit YOUR Boat.

1623699815605327485479189071654.jpg

16236998617323289774396684617787.jpg

16236998985122507226300277208273.jpg

16236999374978824443052859502349.jpg

Upvote 0

goatram

• Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    or you can pay the goat to do it for you. :D:D
    No! it's fishing time! Not time to play in Fabrication for some one else. His money, his Ass, or his girl does not interest my. A day to show him what he needs to do is all I want to invest. I'm a crotchety old man that is Retired. I ain't got the time or desire. Nick or Jim Clack are hungry. Me not so much. Nothing to prove.

16237097014558932261782947639658.jpg

16237097180072928752329786009640.jpg

Upvote 0

goatram

• Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Does anyone know of a shop or reputable individual installing diamond plate locally (Kent) ? My Seahawk floorboards are starting to get soft spots in them..
    Well he came, asked questions than ran away,

Finish the thread sir.

The Why! I don't offer info much anymore.

Upvote 0

salmonkillerSeahawk

Almost A Member
    Aug 21, 2017
    Covington
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    21NR Seahawk
    Well he came, asked questions than ran away,

Finish the thread sir.

The Why! I don't offer info much anymore.
    I got a quote from Rudnick... 5100$$$ way more than i was planning... Kinda of steering towards the Thermolite.. from my understanding i will not need to add supports over the fuel tank... and i can do it all myself.. for around 1500$.... Im not falling through my floors (yet) so I will probably do them this winter.

Upvote 0

thesaltyhooker

Almost A Member
    Oct 25, 2018
    Renton
    Name
    Anders
    Boat
    North River Seahawk
    I got a quote from Rudnick... 5100$$$ way more than i was planning... Kinda of steering towards the Thermolite.. from my understanding i will not need to add supports over the fuel tank... and i can do it all myself.. for around 1500$.... Im not falling through my floors (yet) so I will probably do them this winter.
    figure how long the wood floors lasted...
    i know not what you asked, but in my last boat i replaced the old soggy wooden floors with new marine plywood, sealed with epoxy, and covered in new vinyl.
    pull old floors, mark and cut templates, undersize drill the screw holes, seal the wood and the screw holes with epoxy, let dry...glue and wrap the floors with new vinyl and staple the underside of the vinyl in place.
    boom. new floors in a weekend for less than a grand.. the longest part of the process is waiting for the epoxy to dry.

Upvote 0

goatram

• Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Similar cost if done in Aluminum. Key is you do the majority of the work. Easy to Cut, Drill, Tap, Debur the cut edges, and acid wash the bare aluminum. Hell the 9ea. Fuel Tank Span Supports Will Take less than and hour to Cut and weld up.

When You ask someone to do the work you need to pay for that service. Cost of the welders, Shop, Tools, Knowledge, Taxes, ECT. Back when I was a Young man I bought a patch for my Jean Jacket. It READ ASS GRASS OR CASH NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE.

Reread my posts above and Think About IT. You are a special person? Even others tried to clue you in BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

My signature says it all.
    Done!

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    You could do it with Coosa Board as well… light… paint the surface and done… easy to cut like wood… it’s itchy shit! Wear long sleeves and a mask when cutting..

Upvote 0

salmonkillerSeahawk

Almost A Member
    Aug 21, 2017
    Covington
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    21NR Seahawk
    Similar cost if done in Aluminum. Key is you do the majority of the work. Easy to Cut, Drill, Tap, Debur the cut edges, and acid wash the bare aluminum. Hell the 9ea. Fuel Tank Span Supports Will Take less than and hour to Cut and weld up.

When You ask someone to do the work you need to pay for that service. Cost of the welders, Shop, Tools, Knowledge, Taxes, ECT. Back when I was a Young man I bought a patch for my Jean Jacket. It READ ASS GRASS OR CASH NO ONE RIDES FOR FREE.

Reread my posts above and Think About IT. You are a special person? Even others tried to clue you in BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Done!
    I can’t fabricate the hatches myself, I dont weld or know anyone who can help me in that department…

Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
  • May 9, 2010
    North of Kali!
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    3 and counting!
    I can’t fabricate the hatches myself, I dont weld or know anyone who can help me in that department…

Sounds like she is looking for a sugar daddy!
    Any volunteers?

Ducker!

Upvote 0

duckslayer

May 2, 2013
    Bellaire
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    NR
    Koffler in Oregon quoted me $2500 for diamond plate install on my 21ft Seahawk earlier this year. They do a lot of those jobs on NR boats. I ended up getting a wood floor replacement to save money. Glad I did. I also replaced my fuel lines at the same time.

Last edited:
    Reactions: G-Spot
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat

Done!
    Thing about you is you are the king of the lowball asshole offers and do a lot of shit yourself because you are probably too cheap to pay others….

You and I have something in common… We like to do shit ourselves because we control the quality, get better quality, save a ton of money, and our dollars go much further, because of our hard work.

I do not fault anyone for not wanting to spend too much on a repair. Truth is when you when you ask someone for a service you do have to pay, buuuuut sometimes when a business has plenty of work and the economy is good they flat out gouge the fuck out of people!

It becomes such a giant ass fucking to get any work done on a boat when the economy is good and the season is upon us! The good old days of finding quality work for a good price seem gone! Even the “side job” guys look at what the rip off places are charging and price their shit accordingly!

Last time I bought Diamond plate I think it me $250 a sheet, so cost for materials to do his floor is probably around $1000 +/-…… depending on how many sheets and you may end up with drops for future projects…. $5100.00 sounds a bit on the “I don’t give a fuck if I get your job” price…. There is paying for a service and getting gouged… there is a difference.

Don’t be a prick because he didn’t take your advice… Sometimes people solicit information to educate themselves and make decisions on which direction to go.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Koffler in Oregon quoted me $2500 for diamond plate install on my 21ft Seahawk earlier this year. They do a lot of those jobs on NR boats. I ended up getting a wood floor replacement to save money. Glad I did. I also replaced my fuel lines at the same time.
    That’s more realistic pricing! And if you towed your boat to Oregon you’d save another 10% in sales tax.. 🤔

Upvote 0

goatram

• Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Thing about you is you are the king of the lowball asshole offers and do a lot of shit yourself because you are probably too cheap to pay others….

You and I have something in common… We like to do shit ourselves because we control the quality, get better quality, save a ton of money, and our dollars go much further, because of our hard work.

I do not fault anyone for not wanting to spend too much on a repair. Truth is when you when you ask someone for a service you do have to pay, buuuuut sometimes when a business has plenty of work and the economy is good they flat out gouge the fuck out of people!

It becomes such a giant ass fucking to get any work done on a boat when the economy is good and the season is upon us! The good old days of finding quality work for a good price seem gone! Even the “side job” guys look at what the rip off places are charging and price their shit accordingly!

Last time I bought Diamond plate I think it me $250 a sheet, so cost for materials to do his floor is probably around $1000 +/-…… depending on how many sheets and you may end up with drops for future projects…. $5100.00 sounds a bit on the “I don’t give a fuck if I get your job” price…. There is paying for a service and getting gouged… there is a difference.

Don’t be a prick because he didn’t take your advice… Sometimes people solicit information to educate themselves and make decisions on which direction to go.
    King of LowBall offers?

I do, do things for myself. I'm willing to help those that have a clue.

Seattle is a costly city to operate in. I implied that in my post above. A few have tried to start a business. They don't account for costs of doing business. I'm already living well enough. Before Uncle Bill paid my Salary. I do things now cause I enjoy the Fun of Fabricating shit.

We are both Dicks. You Sir are well known as a Dick for being a Know It All One. You Piss in a Mug and offer it as beer with a full head of foam. I'm Content in my Status, are you?

I'm a prick cause he asked a fucking Question and ppl offered advice. He Failed to disclose his decision. He made his choice But failed to finish the thread.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    King of LowBall offers?

I do, do things for myself. I'm willing to help those that have a clue.

Seattle is a costly city to operate in. I implied that in my post above. A few have tried to start a business. They don't account for costs of doing business. I'm already living well enough. Before Uncle Bill paid my Salary. I do things now cause I enjoy the Fun of Fabricating shit.

We are both Dicks. You Sir are well known as a Dick for being a Know It All One. You Piss in a Mug and offer it as beer with a full head of foam. I'm Content in my Status, are you?

I'm a prick cause he asked a fucking Question and ppl offered advice. He Failed to disclose his decision. He made his choice But failed to finish the thread.
    I’ve got a frosty cold one for you! 😜

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0