Diamond Divers

Ducttape

May 28, 2009
Olympia/Wa/US
Name
Steve
Boat
"La Paloma" 24ft Skipjack
Any of you guys catch the new series on Spike Diamond Divers? Starring John Adalot (sp?) and crew out of Coronet Bay Wa. It was cool to see Wa get on tube and the world credit given to some of the sea men of our area. John has been running the vessel rescue out of Coronet Bay for years and is a very unique, nice, and cool dude. Some salty dudes that on that show and it looks like the shit is going to get knee deep this season. I bought my second Harley from John Jr a couple years ago, pretty cool custom work them guys put out on HotRods, Harleys, and Boats.

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    looks pretty cool I am going to have to set the dvr for that...:finger:

Upvote 0

wood2turn

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 17, 2009
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Name
    Terry
    Boat
    14’ Sterling Sea Skiff - Gypsy Queen
    I've know John Sr. for years and his son went to school with my kids. Great guys.
    I've tried talking to them about the show and they are being VERY tight-lipped about things. Most I can get out of them is "watch the show."

If you guys haven't seen the show you can catch it on Spike TV on Wed. nights.

Terry B.

Upvote 0

Ducttape

May 28, 2009
    Olympia/Wa/US
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    "La Paloma" 24ft Skipjack
    damn, I thought there would be lots of guys on here that know him. guess I was mistaken.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    Yeah - I've caught the show a couple times. Did not know the guys were local...

First impressions......the capt. looks lazy and his son seems cocky and lazy.....boils down to whatever tape the producer of the show keeps and what ends up on the cutting room floor..they can portray whatever they want to get ratings....

I'm sure they are solid if you guys vouch for them.....interesting show, wonder how many carats they sucked-up in the end.......

Upvote 0

wood2turn

Aug 17, 2009
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Name
    Terry
    Boat
    they're not sayign how much they found BUT...I did see JR driving a new Camaro earlier this week! Before this he'd never have spent the money on one...

Upvote 0

skippy2235

Still learning the ways
    Sep 22, 2010
    Marysville
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Nemo
    Yea I have seen the show, and love it so far, and as you said, I was going to be looking for new stuff and maybe signs of retirement from the home front.
    If they struck it rich, I would expect a big change/move from area.

Upvote 0

wood2turn

Aug 17, 2009
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Name
    Terry
    Boat
    Yea I have seen the show, and love it so far, and as you said, I was going to be looking for new stuff and maybe signs of retirement from the home front.
    If they struck it rich, I would expect a big change/move from area.

There are some subtle changes happening now and if you've know them you would notice. But this has been home to them for a few generations now....they'll never move from Whidbey. Retirement??? John ...MAYBE, This boy?...Hell he hasn't really even started working yet! JR...Yup I think he's more than ready to retire.

Of course this is all MHO and speculation.
    Terry B.

Upvote 0

oldschool 1

Night Watchman .
    Jun 13, 2011
    Aberdeen wa
    Name
    Andy
    Boat
    Oldschool 2
    hope they did well and show washington in a good way.. not like the aqua loggers from hoquiam :rofl: glad them fuckers moved to florida. i ve seen the show, it looks like the boat is a :shithappens: but they keep fixing shit and moving forward. i will be watching :Burp:

Upvote 0