xDesireex

Sep 26, 2017
Singapore
Name
Desiree
Boat Name
Speed
Hello there. Recently came across this interesting fishing rod gadget on Kickstarter and would like to know your views on it. Said to be the world's first detachable fishing rod extension for anglers like us to enhance our casting and spinning rod's functions without any customisation. It's called Jigbutt and when attached to the usual casting or spinning rods, the rod will be able to extend up to the length of a jigging rod or a long casting rod. Bonus point is that it's lightweight but strong and saltwater corrosion resistance. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

MAG0121

Feb 28, 2015
Encinitas, CA
www.coastlaw.com
Name
Marco Gonzalez
Boat Name
Nah
For the price of the extension incentive, you could take a rod and have the butt rebuilt with a doweled piece of blank and it would be stronger, permanent, and the exact length you want it. Scratching my head at this one...

Upvote 0

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
Roseville, CA
Name
Jim Fujitani
Boat Name
21' Seaswirl
Nothing really new here. Flyfishers have used detachable fighting butts for decades. The fighting butt ferrule was manufactured into the reel seat. I used to put them on rods I built back in the 70's. The fighting butt (up to about 6-8") extends the fly reel off your chest so you can fight bigger fish (like King salmon).

It is just another ferrule to put on the butt of your rod, to extend it. Just modernized with colored shiny metal.

Upvote 0

enfish

Sometimes I fish
  • Dec 13, 2003
    San Marcos
    Name
    Eric N
    Boat Name
    Grady White 208
    Hmm, first post... from Singapore... same place the Kickstarter campaign is from... with hyperlinks to the product in the post. Please try harder to hide your spam next time.

Reactions: stephen campbell
    Upvote 0