Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Folks, komo is apparently at my house looking for info on the boat that is missing in ak. My neighbor operates the Destination. They asked for a phone number to call his wife. I respectfully denied that request. I dont really know what, if anything, there is to do but i left work to head home. If anyone knows anything of help give me a shout please.

Hoping for the best outcome on this one

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
Chris,
I watched the CG cutter on the AIS site that the company I work for subscribes to. Yesterday they worked a fairly tight grid and then late afternoon I got excited as they steamed to the SW at over 20 knots. I really don't think anything came of it or at least I didn't read anything in the news.

I was able to get the Destinations track to the point where their AIS stopped broadcasting. Right now the CG cutter is about 55 miles SW of there working another grid. I think they have methods to figure what the drift would be. Not sure what the weather conditions are for helo operations but you can bet the chopper is in the air working if at all possible. Also I think ST. Paul usually has a chopper stationed there during this time of year or they used to. They would be in the air also.

Kills me to say this but I don't think there is much of chance for the guys unless they are in a life raft. We carry EPIRBS in all of our rafts (actually they are PLB's) but they won't activate automatically like the main one does. I just hope and pray they are in a lifer raft and haven't been spotted yet.

Kim

Last edited:

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
This morning King 5 repotted that They found the raft and EPIRB, along with A Oil Slick. Not call Deadliest Catch for a reason... a young man's sport and I have no reason to be there.

Good wishes for this still living.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Sad day, i had no idea. I lit a candle out there and put some flowers by it hours ago. Still burning

The family is together over there i think. Nobody coming or going.

cohotr

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 13, 2008
Federal Way, WA USA
Name
Terry
Boat
24 SeaSport Moore Fishin
Heard about this on the news. News said that they would call off the search tonight if they didn't find anything. Sorry to hear about the lose. We all need to be careful out there when fishing