Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
All I know has seemed weird with L2 not being a boat owner!! He was having a blast being a ho on Slapshot, but once a captain always a captain.

Jeff(FishPimp) was a great firstmate, but knew he was meant to have his own boat back under him.

Congrats L2! Can't wait to watch you snap a jig off on her!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
I might be wrong but I thought Allied Boats where naming the models based on WWII US Aircraft for which the Blackbird would not fit?
That is Allied’s theme. Cool to see businesses openly supporting actual American ideals.

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Here’s why I’m stoked that they got the SMAK totes fitted under the deck. Hopefully SlapShot will be bloodied up very soon.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
This darn “cat” theme really narrowed the name choices. Probably good since there are so many remarkable classic aircraft. I wouldve jumped at naming it after the the P-51 Mustang, and using the black and yellow checkerboard paint scheme. My dad is a pilot (previously USAF) and his current aerobatic RV-9 has that a version of that paint scheme in tribute.

In a scenario where there was no limit on the budget, I’d like to see some fishing-themed, WW2 aircraft nose art pinup artwork on it. And little tail/fish victory marks for each season!

View attachment 1173594

View attachment 1173595
Buttram kinda sorta Goatram
Major Ben Dover
Major Puss and Boots
The Twin Non Selected Gender Boat
Sex Free
Strap On goes both ways

WildCat is a great name. Coming from a Squid like Bugeater trying to name a Boat after the P-38 is wrong as two boys fucking.

Not being PC is a good thing

What did the Japs called the P 38?
The nickname
The f
Fork-Tailed devil, while the Japanese dubbed them, two planes, one pilot
aka
Split Tail

The front is deceptive. Not Blunt at all. A wing that provides lift. goes faster with less drag.

L2 is still Larry2 even if Larry1 has disappeared from BD.

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
We have stuff and things getting started. Aluminum is showing up, erector set parts are being created, and space is cleared for the fun.

This is where the fun will be happening.
17A63792-5709-45CE-B825-7431BBE24699.jpeg

Here are some bulkheads. Gary is standing with #4, which is in the berth. Cutouts Near the bottom (which is at the top right now) for easier access to plumbing parts.
1A50D34B-2D62-4FB8-B6FF-85EAED0310B8.jpeg

More bulkheads and stringers.
C4144216-A6B6-4A6C-941E-E5F3DFD3F5D8.jpeg

They’ve been diligently working on the CAD for fitting the head so that a 6ish’ person can be comfortable enough on the head, lining up rigging tubes, moving the fuel fills to the transom (this is subtle, but important). I’ve had and seen others with fills on each side of the cabin (sucks ass when at a gas station as one hose doesn’t fit to both sides). And having both fills on the same side means you only get to use pumps on that side. This way, we can pull into whichever open lane at the gas station and fill both tanks.

The FW sink in the transom tackle station is designed and looks sweet. I should have renderings of those shortly. Trying to figure out how to get a 9” Axiom in the transom too. So, we’ll be looking for ideas when you see the transom layout.

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
My SeaSport has fuel fills on each side. It bugs me, for sure. It’s be nice to fill both without moving the boat. - Costco and Fred Meyer station hoses are long-enough to reach the far side, but they don’t have E0. The E0 stations have short hoses.

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
9546E572-B78F-4A26-9717-14CE13A4E738.jpeg

Port and starboard sides of the transom match. Fuel fills are in the transom, under the sink, behind each tackle station. Trying to figure out how we might get a 9” Axiom back there, without cluttering the rail. There’s only 7” between the sink and tackle trays. If we move the trays down, they get into the fuel lines. Making sure we can do our over/unders, get around the motors, and not bang a MFD are important issues. Might just end up hanging the rear Axiom under the aft end of the hardtop, like everyone else. Anybody seen a flip up/flip down kind of mounting system? Have it flipped up until we get into action, then flip it down and out of the way while things are chaotic?

The corner seats are jump seats, so they’ll be out of the way when not sat in. I specifically asked for the open railing bordering the extended transom walkthrough. My friends have solid walls back there to keep youngsters secure, but it sucks climbing over them to get to the motors for flushing, servicing, etc. The lower rail might come off completely. We have a raised threshold on the floor between the tackle stations. This will drain, but it’s there to keep fish or gear from easily sliding right out the back... almost had that happen on a previous boat. The cockpit railing is pushed as far outside the boat as possible, to allow some room for skinnier butts to sit on the gunwale.

Here’s a different look at the forward head. You can see the extra access hatches down there, so I’ll be able to get to all the plumbing, including the holding tank. I hope I never need to use that access tho! NO HAM SAMMIES!
F7B99879-7F94-43A2-9A51-9DC961CAA03E.jpeg

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat
SOLD
For the 9" screen why not do like a 1.5-2" deep 9 x? reverse box off the aft lid with a lock to keep it in the up position. Screen mounts to cover (facing deck when not in use) 1.5"-2" box to hold all the cables up out of the way when not in use.

Great build!

Reactions: wdlfbio

Dash One

Like a diamond in a goat’s ass
Sep 18, 2008
Anacortes, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
21’ Bayrunner Skiff
Couple of thoughts ... for lower railing allowing access to engines, why not use coated ss cables and pelican hooks like the blow-boaters use. They look nice and might solve your problem.

I have fished a few boats with aft mfd. I always had trouble seeing in full sunlight, from a less than straight on view. Maybe the new units are better, but the ones I was around were tft screens ... supposedly good in full sunlight. I like display under the overhang and protected from weather. Also, with that location, it keeps your eyes forward now and again ... a good thing when other boats are near.

My last boat had a fairly tight head area. The builder put the pump to the rear, tight against the bulkhead, which made it a bitch to service (they did that because it was an easier route for hoses). I had a small leak there ... which should have been an easy fix. I did remove seat, but did not want to remove base and reseal. Plus, the fasteners went through the sole, making it a 2-person job. Working upside down in confined area sucked. If possible, you might locate pump on a side for easier access. Something you might consider if you haven’t, or the builder hasn’t looked hard at.

Looking forward to seeing more posts of build.

Jay

Reactions: wdlfbio

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
My very good input: Cut a hole in the walking plank between the motors and mount the shitter there. No plumbing or holding tank needed. Welcome.
The Anderson Upgrade?

PST9

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 2, 2012
Ferndale, WA, USA
Name
Steve
Boat
Kingfisher 2525
Is there a way with your electronics package to have a wireless connection to a tablet or IPad for an aft screen? Then you would have a ton of options for mounting and easily moving it wherever you want. Pretty sure Raymarine can do this.

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Is there a way with your electronics package to have a wireless connection to a tablet or IPad for an aft screen? Then you would have a ton of options for mounting and easily moving it wherever you want. Pretty sure Raymarine can do this.
I do like cloning the rear mfd to an iPad and running the iPad up front, but they suck in the direct sunlight. Very tough to see, plus they’d need power plugs. Otherwise, that’d be an easy option.