Deposit down on an Allied Boats Aluminum Catamaran

gabe0308

Jul 25, 2008
B'ham WA
Name
Gabe
Boat
SAANAUK' (SEASPORT 24XL), Tlingit Princess (20' Wooldridge Sport Offshore)
The 1000 hr water pump service interval for the Cox 300 calls to me.

The service interval for waterpumps on outboards has always screamed "There has to be a better way".

I would be very interested in knowing the intricacies of the design of their waterpump.

I mainly change my water pump every couple years to ensure I can get the lower unit off. Waited to long on a 9.9 Yami and it was a real bitch to get the lower unit off. Normally the impeller looks fine. If fact between multiple outboards on multiple boats the only impeller issue I have had is a failure 10 hrs after paying to have it done at Master Marine. I was headed to Esperanza Inlet and staying at a remote cabin. I was running short on time before leaving for the trip so took it in for some preventative maintenance. Shortly into the trip the impeller sheared the center collar that holds it to the shaft. I chock it up to improper install since it only lasted a short amount of time before totally destroying itself.

Even if the pump is “Good” for 1000 hours it doesn’t mean the other bolting should not be exercised.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Made my usual Friday visit. Our triple-axle Float-On trailer made it. That must mean we’re almost done 😜. Either it was happy to see more, or there’s one helluva ladder on the front... Dude in the pic isn’t Miles, but he’s pushing 6’4”.

69D51634-A99E-4011-AD58-F97D09458574.jpeg
FDA534AC-1BAF-42BB-8186-029973AC4A72.jpeg

The non-skid is done and looks awesome! Can’t wait to bloody the heck out of it.
141F401F-4318-4FE0-82B8-49061F13BC5D.jpeg
464E4A05-ADD5-4DA4-BB30-A81A4D79245D.jpeg

Yamaha’s distribution being way behind (July/Aug), we agreed to switch to Zuke 300s. Hopefully they’ll be here before the end of the month. 🤞🤞🤞

Upvote 0

Walker Inc.

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
I mainly change my water pump every couple years to ensure I can get the lower unit off. Waited to long on a 9.9 Yami and it was a real bitch to get the lower unit off. Normally the impeller looks fine. If fact between multiple outboards on multiple boats the only impeller issue I have had is a failure 10 hrs after paying to have it done at Master Marine. I was headed to Esperanza Inlet and staying at a remote cabin. I was running short on time before leaving for the trip so took it in for some preventative maintenance. Shortly into the trip the impeller sheared the center collar that holds it to the shaft. I chock it up to improper install since it only lasted a short amount of time before totally destroying itself.

Even if the pump is “Good” for 1000 hours it doesn’t mean the other bolting should not be exercised.
I have ran 3000 hours on Yamaha water pumps. The key is usage. Keep them wet. Rubber rots when It dries out

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
  • Aug 26, 2008
    Kitsap/Westport, WA
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    Prowling for a Cat
    Looking really nice L!

Curious, what's the carrying capacity of the new trailer?

WD

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    I totally neglected taking a pic of the trailer specs. They are 6 lug, 16” wheels. So, that’s usually a 5-6k axle. My guess is 15-18k gvwr.

My previous WorldCat 290cc had a tandem HD float on with 8 lug axles. Trailer and boat (250g fuel) was about 13k.

Float On builds a great aluminum trailer.

Upvote 0

Salmonater

Oct 10, 2008
    Tacoma,Wa US
    Name
    Jeff Norwood
    Boat
    31' North River Walkaround, Salmonater
    Yeah, they have all the yamaha rigging in and ready. Weren’t expecting the bad news from Yamaha. Yamaha said not until July/Aug. That’s just not going to happen. If Suzuki will have the 300s soon, then we will pull the yamaha rigging and install the Zuke 300s. If Yamaha comes through sooner, then the F300s will go on...

Both are proven motors, but Yamaha has better resale value and I prefer that Yamaha has the independent motor trim buttons on their binnacle. Suzuki has them near the start/stop buttons. To keep he ride smooth and stable, we trim motors independently to keep the bow level for the current sea state. I’d hate to accidentally push the “stop” button instead of the trim up. 🙄
    Something doesn't sound right on the trim switches, on my Suzuki FBW controls the trim switch is on the binnacle.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Something doesn't sound right on the trim switches, on my Suzuki FBW controls the trim switch is on the binnacle.

That is a single trim switch that does both motors together. At least it was with the 300s on the Lumacat and the 350s on SlapShot. We need to trim our motors independently. Often, we will run with one motor trimmed up but the other down. That keeps the bow level in beam and quartering seas.

Yamaha has a switch for both and the individual switches on the binnacle.
    4A8E8A0E-CD8E-4979-AB76-BB094CDB8AED.jpeg

Suzuki has the “both” switch on the binnacle, but the individual switches on the other “thingy”
    3C98E3D0-F01F-433D-B384-B7E0CED15C20.jpeg
    909063A8-E3C0-4163-9F80-EFFF3D8541BD.jpeg

If you have different controls, please tell me which. I’d be super stoked!!! We had the 300 Zukes on the Lumacat and they were solid as could be.

Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
    May 10, 2010
    White trashville
    Name
    Garrett
    Boat
    21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
    Why can't you just get independent toggles for each motor and put them somewhere convenient? I don't get why you'd need that $2200 switch, unless you wanted that sync function?

Reactions: wdlfbio
    Upvote 0

WaveDancer

• Aug 26, 2008
    Kitsap/Westport, WA
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    Prowling for a Cat
    Sucks you can't the Yamaha's you were expecting, sure seems like that manufacturer has been shooting itself in the foot an awful lot of late with stories similar to yours.

WD

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Why can't you just get independent toggles for each motor and put them somewhere convenient? I don't get why you'd need that $2200 switch, unless you wanted that sync function?

The zuke stuff all comes together. We are not “adding” it. But adding our own tilt/trim buttons may be a functional idea. 👍

Upvote 0

Salmonater

Oct 10, 2008
    Tacoma,Wa US
    Name
    Jeff Norwood
    Boat
    31' North River Walkaround, Salmonater
    That is a single trim switch that does both motors together. At least it was with the 300s on the Lumacat and the 350s on SlapShot. We need to trim our motors independently. Often, we will run with one motor trimmed up but the other down. That keeps the bow level in beam and quartering seas.

Yamaha has a switch for both and the individual switches on the binnacle.
    View attachment 1251356

Suzuki has the “both” switch on the binnacle, but the individual switches on the other “thingy”
    View attachment 1251357View attachment 1251358

If you have different controls, please tell me which. I’d be super stoked!!! We had the 300 Zukes on the Lumacat and they were solid as could be.
    You are correct, that's what mine look like. I have the 300 B's. We put 350 hours on them last year, and I'm very happy with them. More power and better mileage.

Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    The only twin ‘Zuki’s I have run had a trim switch on each shift/throttle stick for each motor. There was also a sync switch in the binnacle, so either trim switch would trim both engines simultaneously.

This was on an ‘07 North River w/ twin 140’s.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Just got done with my visit to Allied. We are getting warmer...

Out with the Yamaha rigging and in with Suzuki. Should have a set of white DF300As next week. I almost busted out laughing when I saw the throttle positions...
    0790E1CA-8011-402C-8891-667F03AF618A.jpeg

Shockwave seat bases and seats are all in. Arm rests will be comfy and even a rear “map” pocket for I have no idea (but it looks cool). Probably will get filled up with empty chip bags. Hahahaha
    6DFDA78C-D9C4-49EC-A397-42B0A2CCB207.jpeg
    30728637-E7A8-4FF3-ADB4-FE4925F7B36A.jpeg

I’m really digging the bow seat. Cushions are secured with the C-channel, so they will not blow out.
    6E8EDCB6-F5F6-4013-AAF0-468E9EEB1F88.jpeg

Brackets for the aft MFDs were added. Each Axiom 9 will be on a RAM Mount so they can be easily adjusted and removed at the end of the day.
    EF74EE0C-E7EC-4935-A3CE-776DF402DB37.jpeg

The aft ladder on my old Worldcat was secured with nylon straps and plastic buckles. I like this touch from Allied. A nice aluminum latch that won’t breakdown in a few years.
    C82FE80B-8D93-4E5A-8E86-3BDC1A6D94E1.jpeg

They lifted her up onto blocks to prepare her for bottom paint, so I was able to get the “Thigh Gap” pic. 😂. But, we decided to send her to the Master Painter, our very own @Omakase (Agate Pass Marine), in a couple weeks. We are likely doing jet black, but Bob is going to stencil on a few baitfish in a bit of a lighter color at the end. Hahaha.
    1741C0BF-8E8C-4BFD-9199-F1241614FAB3.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

WaveDancer

• Aug 26, 2008
    Kitsap/Westport, WA
    Name
    Ken
    Boat
    Prowling for a Cat
    Looking good L!

I like your idea on the step as long as it doesn't RATTLE.

Bob will treat her well and do his perfect job once again.

Middle of March splash time?

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Hahahaha. I’m writing the bottom paint check! Haaaa. I’ll notice.

I knew there had to be a better use than maps and empty chip bags! Haaa

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    I do think she will be wet in mid March. Put 20 hours on her down here, swap the oil, oil filters, fuel filters, and gear lube, then haul her up to Anacortes for some serious sand dabbing.

Upvote 0

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
    Jul 18, 2012
    W.Seattle
    Name
    Jefe'
    Boat
    1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
    Who's tiderunner is to the left of that trailer picture? I would love to run over to allied and get the measurements for my bunks. Same hull.

Upvote 0