lol...deep drop....turns into shit show...who else was hoping for I fo

pele

May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
Yes,yes it did,People drink more on Sunday afternoons.Good times...

Reactions: makairaa

sdjfish

Deck Ape
Mar 26, 2003
escondido
Visit site
Name
steve
Boat
2320 Parker, Tracker
Thanks for the tournament updates, very cool to be seeing these fish caught using some science and proper planning. Maybe we do have a rod and reel Swordfish fishery here in SoCal. Cheers!

Val1717

Wasting away at work
Sep 26, 2017
Bakersfield
Name
Val
Boat
31' Silverton "Popeye"
Sure is a lot of dick measuring on this thread. I just want to hear about the swordies. One of our dock mates caught one this weekend

Last edited:
Reactions: pacificscout

Efishnsea

Aug 2, 2007
Covina, Ca
Name
Ed Efishnsea
Boat
21' Boston Whaler Outrage, + Kayaks
Sure is a lot of dick measuring on this thread. I just want to hearabout the stories. One of our dock mates caught one this weekend
HEY! Take this argument somewhere else..we need to stay on the forum of "Deep Drop." Great info on this "forum."

Reactions: pele

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
That queen queef guy just sent me a pm and got added too

kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
This year swordfish are kept. They are talking about adding release for next year. I personally would not use 30 lb for swords in our area unless I was casting at one finning on the surface where I can get an estimate of the size. Too much chance of hooking a monster deep dropping. As to long range fishing some people like sportfishing and some people like meat fishing.
Just like some idots on sportboats using 30lb line to get bit on those BIG butterball BFT"s (when the captain is telling everyone on the boat to use a Minimum 80lb test,, And the guy fights it for 6-8 hrs a looses it (in the meantime everyone was waiting since the beginning of the stop to get the fish in, so they can move on and catch more than ONE fish for the day!!!!

salty nuts

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
Another fishery that will get hammered to death now. Just like hooping. Thx for posting!

Reactions: Spearo4Life

MagBayCo

Promoter
Aug 31, 2019
Bahia Magdalena B.C.S.
Name
Mind Sweeper
Boat
BCS Fleet
A guy caught one 3 miles off Newport harbor while practicing for the Masters, so perhaps there are more fish in the Bight than we know.

nick worn

Aug 30, 2016
san diego
Name
I-farted in
Boat
Your mother
Ali, you should set up a fund raising event for some local charity. Have some of these fat old keyboard warriors duke it out in the ol' boxing ring. I bet 75% are a bunch of pusses anyways. It always seems to be the same 5 dudes too.

:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

Reactions: jer dog

miaf

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Who cares. Fish with what you want to. You want to get your ass kicked for 10 hours on light line be my guest. I will say this though, if you preach catch and release on marlin, don’t tell me how great you are for fighting a carp on 12 LB line for hours.

Reactions: qeequeg

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Who cares. Fish with what you want to. You want to get your ass kicked for 10 hours on light line be my guest. I will say this though, if you preach catch and release on marlin, don’t tell me how great you are for fighting a carp on 12 LB line for hours.
Most of these catching carp on 12 lb take less than 1 hour. For the record the sword on 30 lb was a surface fish and the hook pulled after 13+ hours

MagBayCo

Promoter
Aug 31, 2019
Bahia Magdalena B.C.S.
Name
Mind Sweeper
Boat
BCS Fleet
The Sat tag data was a very interesting read last night.

You can see why the gill net guys were doing pretty well on them on the night shift.

Credit the harpoon fisherman that only get a shot in a very small window of time.

Reactions: makairaa