Start Me Up Sportfishing

ahi lawaia

Jan 17, 2008
Hawaii
Name
CP
Boat
Boston Whaler Conquest 21
This forum has become more of a trolling forum than a BF one, but lots of us go BF when the trolling season is slow, plus what's happening with the Feds screwing the BFishermen could happen to the trolling guys too so we all have a stake in stopping it now. This might better be in the General Discussion forum but it parallels the "No Fish, No Hunt" thread on this Catch Report forum so I'm posting it here.

To keep this thread from being too long and a repeat of the info that's already online, please go to this link to read the details: http://hawaiianfishingreports.ning.com/forum/topics/write-for-your-bf

That link gives the background and how to take our last best shot by writing to our congressional delegation. I know we're all reluctant to get involved and feel like it ain't gonna make a difference anyway, but if we do nothing, then guarans we gonna lose. We have to at least fight for what we want and that link makes it easy to do so, since it contains the info/background, links to email our congress people and even a boilerplate letter Uncle Roy says we can all use and modify to suit our own needs.

We're all willing to put in the time and effort to go catch a big one, so let's put in the relatively little time and effort to keep the Feds from using BS studies to reduce the BF catch quota and maybe we can keep them from setting BS quotas on the pelagics like the ahi and bigeye in the future.

Aloha.

Reactions: finishright
Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
take the time to write it does make a difference we are fighting an uphill battle here people that don't fish or hunt are pulling the strings here don't let that happen!
mahalo

Upvote 0

force21

Oldie
Mar 3, 2009
Kailua Hi USA
Name
Glenn
Boat
21 Force JAYMIELYN
Sent my e-mail to Mr. Edwin Ebisui already & received a positive response....mahalo for the heads up!

Upvote 0

pfont

no mo boat
Jul 6, 2010
mililani
Name
peter fontanilla
Boat
2021 - 14' Livingston (17' Arima Sea Chaser-"kiana" - 1989 - SOLD on 9/16/2016)
thanks cp .... already sent emails to each of the hawaii delegation, although hanabusa will probably not respond since she only has a short time remaining on her term ...

mahalo,
pfont

Upvote 0