Dexter Outdoors

CMYSIX

Aug 22, 2020
Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
OK, As you get older your feet get wider, what are you guys or gals with wide feet wearing, I look at extratuff website it says crap about width, Last pair of boots squeezed my feet like an anaconda,. 16 day trip would love to be comfortable and dry.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
My Xtra- tuffs are plenty wide.I have to wear wide width shoes.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
OK, As you get older your feet get wider, what are you guys or gals with wide feet wearing, I look at extratuff website it says crap about width, Last pair of boots squeezed my feet like an anaconda,. 16 day trip would love to be comfortable and dry.
The newer Shimano Avair are nice and wide, I sold my extra tuffs because they were to tight.I wear 13 and there great

UnBelievable

F.V. UNBELIEVABLE
Jul 19, 2013
Mission Bay San Diego Ca. USA
Name
Norm Campbell
Boat
UnBelievable
Short trip to Worst Marine. The new ankle tops are great. Wear them a lot as they are so comfortable and I have wide feet. They have lasted two seasons so far with twice the use of my made in USA TUFFYS. Impressed so far. Good luck.

Reactions: calbrewguy
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
I usually wear my boots if it’s cold, but always on unloading day. Otherwise, it’s a pair of Keens sandals.

Reactions: Soda Pop

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
The best possible advice I can offer is to not buy any boots until you try on any pair of boots your are considering. At least 3 different manufactures. That choice is very personal and is specific to your comfort. While recommendations by others are well meaning you need to choose what is best for you.This will take some effort on your part but can guarantee it will be time well spent.

Walt

PS: themacks advice above is right on ,,,, buy those fitted inserts,,,, a very beneficial upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

socal53

Aug 27, 2013
Lakewood Ca
Name
Chano J
Boat
The one available on my off day!
I would look into the Xtratuf Wheelhouse 6" boots they're advertised as a wider boot.

Upvote 0

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Just gave away a brand new pair of extra tuf, because they are extra narrow and getting worse. 13 EEEE's used to fit fine, but not anymore. Switched to Grunden's. So comfy. NO more lower back strain putting them on or taking them off

I do miss the heel though.

Amazon product

Reactions: James Taylor
Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I think the Pelagic boots are pretty wide. I know guys that really like them for that reason.
I tried them all at the long fin,
And the mid high Shimano ones are nice and light, and comfortable,
And slip on easy and off .and if your old and have to go in the middle
of the night, these are the way to go in A hurry .

Last edited:
Reactions: ZZZZZ
Upvote 0

Rivertrip

Cabo 256 cuddycon
Jun 20, 2015
Name
Steve
Boat
Cabo 256 cuddycon
I would look into the Xtratuf Wheelhouse 6" boots they're advertised as a wider boot.
I wear wide as well and the regular Xtratuf's are tight.
I purchased a pair of these
(Xtratuf Wheelhouse) at West Marine.
They are a few bucks more, about $130~ but well worth it. They are suuuuper comfortable.
So comfortable in fact that I wear them on weekends around the garage/yard. West Marine will refund you if you don't like them so you really can't lose. I don't wear my regular Xtratuf's anymore. The Wheelhouse's are waaaay more comfortable.

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I've worn VIKING boots from Norway for years. Outlast Xtratuff. Much thicker overall boot too.
    Used by Commercials on the North Sea.
    TRY ON any brand or sized boots before purchasing and allow enough room for insole inserts. I'm a 10M and found all old or new Xtratuff boots to be "sloppy" fit. Good luck finding wide!

POST ON CHIT CHAT FOR MORE RESPONSES!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    The newer Shimano Avair are nice and wide,
    Thank you for the tip on the Shimano Avair boots. And the price range, $75.00 to $90.00, they are upaffordable. 👌

Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    These votes gotta go! Who, and why, would somebody downvote a reply to a thread about boots? WTF? And who is 998R?

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
    Oct 26, 2015
    Inland Empire
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Xtratuf Wheel Hose(wide width) model just came home and it much wider then my other Xtratuf. Make sure you order half sizes order down a size.

7763E5C1-F900-4FEF-A9B5-BEDF713BBF54.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0