Baja Belk

Long sappy fish stories.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande
Epic! Way to be in the right place at the right time. Thank you for the detailed report. Depending on much you give away you'll have enough to make it through the off season (if we even have one!)

I don't eat much fish. I take as much as I can give away to friends and neighbors so nothing goes to waste. Fish to the neighbors pays for my boat parking and security system.

Upvote 0

Rod69

Jul 4, 2016
San diego
Name
Roddey Blunt
Boat
Parker 23 DVCC
I made the decision to post based upon the fact that the secret was already out. There was a gazillion boats out there yesterday, severely impacting the bite. If you're a local hoping to take advantage of a "secret bite".......it's too late. Anyone who decides to pile on the fleet based upon my report should do so at their own risk, but hopefully small tidbits of advice offered may make the difference between a fish or two for the amateurs like me (ie: I normally wouldn't throw on porpoise inshore, but yellows were holding on them yesterday).

I was going to go head out yesterday regardless based on some private intel, before I read about the bite on Fishdope. The bite is on blast already, my humble-brag ain't gonna make a difference.
Wait delete this post? Isn't this site for sharing info......if you dont want to share maybe instagram or better yet MYSPACE is for you.....thanks for the Intel....

Reactions: FloMar and SdJeff1
Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Hurry up and get that bitch on the water! I’m waiting
Just got the boat registered today! Have to go back to get the trailer inspected or some shit and plated.

Reactions: efx and Arima-bob
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Wait delete this post? Isn't this site for sharing info......if you dont want to share maybe instagram or better yet MYSPACE is for you.....thanks for the Intel....

EXACTLY! X2!
BullsEye.jpg

Reactions: Rod69
Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Should have been there yesterday. Fished until noon today. Lots of boats and didn’t hear one person with a YT. We ran from SD bay up to crystal pier and then out west a bit before wrapping around whistler. Plenty of birds but not very organized or diving on bait.

What we did see what looks like an abundance of red crab. Sonar was littered with it on the bottom to being suspended at times. We pulled up a calico with red crab. Heard another on the radio saying the same thing. This might have been why we saw recent a large volume of YT from IB to La Jolla. Regardless, they are fat and happy if the red crab is here.

Reactions: tommysdad
Upvote 0

Jack Freedman

Nov 17, 2017
Los Angeles
Name
JackFreedman
Boat
Thrasher
I caught two yesterday. Kept one and gave one away. No red crab in their stomachs when filleted. These yellow were full of 4-6 inch sardines. They were popping up and sinking out every where you looked. All the boat pressure definitely seemed to shut the bite off..you would of thought it was a Saturday in August...

Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
There was a lot of boat pressure today. Daily Double and Premier were out there as well.

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
good job - please delete this post or there will be 900 parkers out there tomorrow combined with 7999 kayaks in 3'-6' swell at 16 sec. should be sporty. When I was out there last, all the yellows were out on the south 9. Gotta find the patty.
bieber

Upvote 0

Rfishinggirl

Nov 7, 2011
Corona Del Mar, CA
Name
Regina Neira
Boat
N/A
1 mile straight out of the harbor, massive school of yellows under birds. Clearly a very poorly kept secret, the fleet stomped them out quick. I managed a double right away solo (Rapala and surface iron) before anyone else was on them, and then another surface iron fish hop-scotching the fleet. Had more opportunities when I could get out in front the birds but only a few more short bites. Bite was over by 9. All surface, no yo-yo. Nice grade, 16-18 lbs for me. Smaller irons worked better. The 14A didn’t even get a sniff but the 45 got hammered. Back in the harbor by 11 (looked around a bit but didn’t find anything else).

No complaints for a lazy morning ¼ day trip in December. Gorgeous weather. Water 60-61. Look for organized birds, and don’t be afraid to throw on porpoise.

Pretty sure the day cost me less than $20. Can’t beat that!

- Belk out!

View attachment 1098216 View attachment 1098217 View attachment 1098218 View attachment 1098220 View attachment 1098222 View attachment 1098223 View attachment 1098224 View attachment 1098225 View attachment 1098226

Upvote 0