December is starting off pretty bad or the why some people really suck thread.

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Wild Bill, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Drinking the Suzuki Kool-aid and liking it!

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Otter Craft
    I just got back last Sunday from a most awesome 3+ weeks in Montana hunting, coming back to the normal fires to put out at work and home. However, this Thursday’s events kind of shook my faith in humanity a bit. I came home from work and headed straight out to the shop after work to butcher the last quarter of elk. The wife comes home and asks if I am doing something with the power box thingy on the side of the house. I say no and why do you ask? She says you better have a look at it. So I grab my headlamp and go look. Holy Shit! The meter base is damn near torn off the house mast bent and stays broken. I go out to the front yard expecting a tree has fallen on the overhead wires. Nope, I can find no evidence of what transpired.
    I still had power and decided to let it ride until the next day. Yesterday I took a bit of time off work and came home in the daylight to better evaluate the damage and the cause. Again I found no evidence of a tree impact anywhere. I then talked to the neighbor who’s overhead power lines looked like they were hanging a bit low as well. I starting putting two and two together and decided to talk to a guy a few lots down who was cleaning up after a recent logging/clearing operation. I asked him if they had possibly hooked the wires with their equipment. He said they had indeed hooked the big thick low voltage telephone wires but didn’t think it caused any problems and they zip tied the smaller hanging wires back up to the large wire where they broke the wire wrapping holding them together. He was very honest and apologized profusely when I told him what happened with my service. He told me they would make it right and gave me the name and number of his dad who owned the company. I thanked him for his honesty and went home and called his dad. To make a long story short the kid did not inherit his integrity and honesty from his dad Butch. During two phone conversations Butch denied what his son had told me and said his son must have been mistaken. The second conversation ended with him hanging up on me.
    I decided to get the PUD involved and they came out and agreed that it looked like the pole by my house was pulled away from my house damaging my service. They agreed the snagging of the line down the road was the cause but all they did was say my service was unsafe and unhooked me and said call an electrician and call them back when I needed hooked back up after repairs and an L and I inspection. Well fuck me!
    I talked to more neighbors and found one who heard something and went outside only to see Butch standing on the raised bucket of an excavator zip tying the loose lines back up after snagging them but he did not actually see them snag the lines.
    So as it stands I am without power until probably next week sometime and on the hook for a several thousand dollar repair. I have never had a insurance claim on my HO policy but this one probably will be the first. Even at that, I have to cover the $500 deductible and my rates will go up according to my agent. Also they will not go after him.
    I am not a litigious person so that is not even a consideration. Other than venting here a bit I would like to apprise people of this man’s unsavory actions and I would not recommend entering into any business dealings with him. His company is Butch’s hauling and self loader services LLC. He is out of the Warm beach area in Goats territory.

And yes some people really suck. Merry fucking Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    TexMojoII, mrfish11 and bigdood like this.
  2. jasper hickman

jasper hickman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jasper
    Boat:
    26' sea master, RED BEARD
    That blows!

wood2turn and goatram like this.
  3. trophymac

trophymac Newbie

Name:
    Colin
    Boat:
    21' Thunderjet OS
    Thanks for the heads up I will let everyone that ask who to use to avoid him.

4. Swede

Swede Yachtless

Name:
    Swede
    Boat:
    Kristen Lee
    small claims court or ask for firewood

strackle99 likes this.
  5. Fog Ducker!

Fog Ducker! Misanthropical member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    4 and counting!
    Wild Bill, you need someone who KNOWS people to handle your problem! Dishonest Dad needs some plumbing up!

Ducker!

marlyn and Blackfish like this.
  6. “biteme”

“biteme” Killin kings

Name:
    Brian B
    Boat:
    26 osprey
    First off I dont do bookface. ....... but......... a quick google search brings up their bookface page. All it takes a lot of times is some comments on social media to “change” an owners views on their unethical decisions. I worked for a guy one time that had an operator of his claim he had nothing to do with a boulder that rolled down a hill and through a house, amazing part is the trail led straight to the excavator, the operator was fired from the company on the spot, lying gets people nowhere but they still try.

Genie Aye and bigdood like this.
  7. “biteme”

“biteme” Killin kings

Name:
    Brian B
    Boat:
    26 osprey
  8. wdlfbio

wdlfbio Once you go Cat, you never go back

Name:
    laurence
    Boat:
    Vacancy
    Damn. That’s some BS

Genie Aye likes this.
  9. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Lee Obvious
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras

You must not get out much. LOL

All joking aside, that does suck. Very frustrating for sure. No recourse at all?

I'm surprised your insurance won't go after him. Time to get better insurance carrier.

Small claims court is one possibility. Get him for the deductible, and lost time and wages?

Sadly, one thing for sure, people will never cease to amaze me with their dishonest, and foul behavior.

Fireball and Elkfins like this.
  10. Phish'n Phool

Phish'n Phool Member

Name:
    Par
    Boat:
    Grady White Marlin
    That’s BS. I know it’ll cost you some time but ol’ Butch needs a lesson. You have enough evidence to take the guy to small claims. He’ll do it again to someone else if he gets away with it this time. I’d put his boy on the witness stand or serve him with a court order. Good call on the social media reviews too.

Fireball, marlyn and goatram like this.
  11. Fog Ducker!

Fog Ducker! Misanthropical member

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    4 and counting!
    With an asshat like that, you may get a judgement, but try to collect.
    Find somebody that knows somebody.This has to do with no understanding of proportional response.

Ducker!

Genie Aye and marlyn like this.
  12. marlyn

marlyn I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Does he have a contractors license?if so file a claim against his bond and a complaint to the license board.Not sure about Washington but here every contractor has to have a bond just for this kind of issue.

13. marlyn

marlyn I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Is it Butch's hauling LLC in Stanwood?if so they have a license that shows a Heather hurless as the owner/license holder.
    Wa ubi #602 852 886
    https://secure.lni.wa.gov/verify/Detail.aspx?UBI=602852886&LIC=&SAW=
    They have insurance I'm sure,both liability or motor vehicle would probably cover what happened in your case.You just need to file a claim to their insurance then investigators will figure it out.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  14. Grady226

Grady226 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    22' Grady White
    Steve, if the utility wires were under 14' hanging then they should repair for free.

Does sound like Butch is a dick though!

15. Wild Bill

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Otter Craft
    Yep thats him his name is actually Robert Hurless. Butch must be a nickname or middle name. I actually found a great electrical contractor who came and helped resolve the meter base issue on Saturday, but PUD would not come restore my power early Sat afternoon after the repairs without me agreeing to pay big time for overtime. So here we sit ready to go but still with no power. I will be having a chat with some upper management at the PUD as well as considering filing a lien with my logger friend. Had a giant fir come down on the lines I would have power by now and I really am having a hard time with nobody wanting to man up and be held accountable for this event. The PUD’s pole that my overhead wires come from has been pemanantly moved which pulled my service off the wall. The PUD will either have to use longer wires to connect me now unless they put in a new pole or plumb the old one up as the top is several feet further from my masthead now. I feel like I have gone 10 rounds in the ring with Muhamad Ali over this one. We will see what next week brings.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  16. Jaymo72

Jaymo72 Newbie

Name:
    Justin Morgan
    Boat:
    Tiderunner
    Pud will just splice on to their wires to make them longer. Electrical inspections are taking 3-4 days right now after it is called in to be looked at. Most pud will do what is called a hold harmless. It’s a form you sign that clears pud to hook you back up before the inspection. It may be a bit different up there but that is how it works down here in mason county. Glad to hear you found a good electrician. We are unfortunately few and far between. Good luck.

17. Wild Bill

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    Otter Craft
    Inspection and hookup were done yesterday and had to convince lineman I needed some slack as it was very tight due to pole having shifted away from house. He was able to loosen the reststraining wire a bit and give me adequate slack. He also informed me PUD would most likely charge me for disconnect and hookup.

18. bigdood

bigdood I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    Nauti Dawg
  19. Nick Rudnick

Nick Rudnick Member

Name:
    Nick R
    Boat:
    17' Aluminum Skiff
    That sucks Steve... at least you have power back now.

Wild Bill likes this.
  20. TwoTapPat

TwoTapPat Oh ya that's jazzy

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    High on the Goat
    Damn that blows. Hopefully you had a generator to keep power to all your beer. Oh and the freezer.