Bluesman
Jul 8, 2003
Skyline Hills
www.springharpfest.org
Name
John
Boat
21' Sea Pro the Hook
"Started to go home and a racoon walked in front of me so I mite as well kill some thing.I gave him a warning shot for shit's and gigle's.The fucker sat down so he died I had about a mile an half to go.I ended up killing 5 more coon's on the way home I just piled them up for other critter's to eat"

This is the shit I'm talking about.
Remember, Locobro, this is SNEEKEE typing the objectionable message. SNEEKEE is a fabrication, Afaik

HJ

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s
"Started to go home and a racoon walked in front of me so I mite as well kill some thing.I gave him a warning shot for shit's and gigle's.The fucker sat down so he died I had about a mile an half to go.I ended up killing 5 more coon's on the way home I just piled them up for other critter's to eat"

This is the shit I'm talking about.
Hey fucker the fucking coon's get in to my grain they kill alot of the fucking qail around here.The fucking coon are over populaitted so its fucking management and you would no this if you were a hunter.Now I think you should go play hide and FUCK YOUR SELF!!!

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s
Wow, interesting topic...

First, dead is dead. There is no such thing as dead......but it was eaten, or dead.....but I made a hat out of it. Just plain dead.

Now, before anyone continues their rant about "senseless" killing, let me give you my point of view (I can't speak for anyone else)

There is no such thing as a "smart" or "dumb" animal. Simply put, our ideal of intelligence has no place in the animal kingdom. Now, certain animals are blessed with more God given survival instincts than others; but again, that has nothing to do with intelligence.

So why do I hunt varmints and predators? Well....none of your fucking business. However, I'll humor you.

I'll challenge anyone here that dares to say hunting predators/varmints is not sporting to join me in the field and see what it's really about. I'm not talking about being out deer hunting and seeing a dog and taking a shot of opportunity, or walking home and seeing a couple of coons and taking the shot. I'm talking about getting out in the field, grabbing a hand call, and triggering the feeding instinct of the nearest predator by convincing it that you are something that needs to be investigated/eaten/mated with/challenged. All while fooling the animal who's sense of smell is 10x that of any deer. No need for cover scent, hell I smoke on stands; once a coyote is down wind, your done, they can't be fooled.

Not challenging? I guess using over 15 different calls depending upon the time of year it is, or where they are at in their denning/mating cycle is all for nothing then.

Oh, and no, I don't eat them all.....sorry. The areas I hunt I am thanked by small game and bird hunters. Where I hunt I am saving the lives of hundreds of sheep, goats, cattle, and foals every year and am given thank you gifts by the ranchers who allow me access to their properties. Heck, 2 years ago I had one ranch lose 168 goats out of 240 in less than a year. last year and this year he lost only 6. I like to think that ranchers not upset because I didn't eat those coyotes or Bobcats.

Now, do I respect them as a game animal? Yes and no. When I am hunting them recreationaly, I sure do. I don't hunt them from Feb-Sept to give the pups a chance to grow and begin eating on their own. I don't hunt during mating season so I don't shoot any pregnant bitches. Hell, even during bobcat season I wait until our days are shorter and the areas I call are colder so I don't waste a tag on an unfurred bobcat. Yes, I save all my pelts, and yes, I save almost all my coyote pelts. Don't believe me? Ask my wife and she'll tell you that the pile of tanned furs in the closet is getting a bit out control. So if anyone needs a bobcat or coyote pelt, let me know, I can hook a brutha up.

Of course, in the spring when the young cattle begin hitting the ground and I get the calls form the ranchers, you bet your sweet ass I don't respect them. I hunt them hard, I hunt them to rid the ranch entirely if possible.

Coyotes can't and never will be extinct short of shooting them out of helicopters by the hundreds. Racoons are second only to feral cats on ground nesting bird predation, bobcats routinely take sheep, goats, and even deer when given a chance, and badgers......well, let me tell you, I care for my furs and trophis better than I care fo my clothes; so don't lose any sleep over wondering if it was laid to rot; it wasn't. And when it's back from the taxidermist I'll post photos of it so you can see just how much I truly respect what I kill.

Oh.....and you're gay :gay:
Fuck ya

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s
Jeph,
Thats just it man, I know you respect the animals. You have to, just fuckin show it man. A badger is a bad ass animal. If anybody thinks it isn't, just spend about 30 seconds in a hall closet with one. A thirty pound animal will kick your 200lb ass. We are on the same side, just respect them, it smells bad when you don't. Peace.
I lost one fucking show steer's last year because of fucking badger's and there big fucking hole my steer steped in it hole and broke it's leg there's a good fucking reason to kill badger's

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s
Oh ya every thing I kill Im going eat or I have a reason

TROB

Oct 31, 2005
Idaho
Name
Tommy
Boat
Duck Schmuck - yak
Hey fucker the fucking coon's get in to my grain they kill alot of the fucking qail around here.The fucking coon are over populaitted so its fucking management and you would no this if you were a hunter.Now I think you should go play hide and FUCK YOUR SELF!!!
uh oh we have a kid that weighs a buck 20 acting like a badass again......stay inside and lock your doors. sneekee's juvenile response in 3....2....1...

too the original poster, i get what youre saying about the kiling for shits and giggles. i shot a lot of rockchucks this summer for a reason, but havent killed a "common bird with a pellet gun" since i was 10 or so. i understand what youre sayin. and certain things bug me too.

KID CREOLE

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
I really don't know what to say about this thread ecept there are some folks here who are making uneducated statements and live in a box!

I'm a bird hunter, but hunting is hunting! I read as much as possible and talk to as many bilogist and game wardens as possible about wildlife management.

Coyotes, Badgers, Racoons and ground squirrles(SP) play hell on birds, epsecially upland and waterfowl, ground squirrles are the worst.

When hunting mountain lions was legal here in California, we had a growing big horn sheep population, since the ban, the sheep populations has been devastated.

In South Dakota, their DFG has hired guns who shoot coyotes and any other varmint from a slow flying Cessna, South Dakota has some of the best hunting in the country. If predators and varmints are kept in check certain bird or animals population can be devastated.

So those of you who think I'm wrong, hop in the water and give that seal a loving hug while he's gulping down your jack pot cbass.

johnnylite

Never too late to change.
Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
:hali_blablalba:
I really don't know what to say about this thread ecept there are some folks here who are making uneducated statements and live in a box!

I'm a bird hunter, but hunting is hunting! I read as much as possible and talk to as many bilogist and game wardens as possible about wildlife management.

Coyotes, Badgers, Racoons and ground squirrles(SP) play hell on birds, epsecially upland and waterfowl, ground squirrles are the worst.

When hunting mountain lions was legal here in California, we had a growing big horn sheep population, since the ban, the sheep populations has been devastated.

In South Dakota, their DFG has hired guns who shoot coyotes and any other varmint from a slow flying Cessna, South Dakota has some of the best hunting in the country. If predators and varmints are kept in check certain bird or animals population can be devastated.

So those of you who think I'm wrong, hop in the water and give that seal a loving hug while he's gulping down your jack pot cbass.
:hali_blablalba:

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
I hate to weigh in on this but....

When I was a kid, me and my pellet gun killed an awful lot of birds. I equate this to the varmint hunters--killing for killing's sake.

Fast forward 20+ years and I now have 2 parrots as pets. I couldn't imagine going out and shooting birds for fun just to 'kill sumthin'. Killing to eat? That's different. It's about survival, to some degree. I may not kill the chickens I eat but I would if I had to. I think that some of the people that go out and kill shit just to watch it die are either mentally disturbed or never 'growed up'. I know that I've long since moved past that.

Seeing people go out in the hills and kill hundreds or thousands of squirrels, birds or other critters just to watch their bodies explode is no different than the boats that go out and plug the trashcans with barracuda. You and I know that most of those fish are gonna end up in a trashcan--it's just a waste. And there's plenty of fisherman on this site who've decried THAT practice.

I think Charles and I are twins.
Ditto on everything you just said!

FishStalker

You're no daisy
Sep 3, 2003
With your wife
Visit site
Name
Charles aka "Ben"
Boat
15' Tupperware Sloop

The whole "we need to kill the predators to protect the other wildlife" argument is bullshit and you know it.

These simplistic views about ecosystem management are as silly as the ones the tree huggers espouse.

Perhaps you ought to do some reading about what happened to the ecosystem in Yellowstone when we removed all the predators (wolves). Now that the wolves have been reintroduced, not only are the Elk herds healthier but so are the aspen trees that the unchecked Elk populations were destroying.

Wolves Are Rebalancing Yellowstone Ecosystem

Smudge

Moderate
Mar 11, 2005
Hollywood, FL
www.sandiego-sportfishing.com
Name
Matt
Boat
I'm just a deckhand...
The whole "we need to kill the predators to protect the other wildlife" argument is bullshit and you know it.

These simplistic views about ecosystem management are as silly as the ones the tree huggers espouse.

Perhaps you ought to do some reading about what happened to the ecosystem in Yellowstone when we removed all the predators (wolves). Now that the wolves have been reintroduced, not only are the Elk herds healthier but so are the aspen trees that the unchecked Elk populations were destroying.

There's no hunting in Yellowstone Chuck. Without the wolves there was no predator balance. You have to look at the situation from a broader perspective. Yellowstone is not an analogue of the ballance of the United States by any stretch.

Hunters as a whole are the best stewards for this resource in the same way that fishermen are the best stewards for the fishing resource.

There are bad, immoral, wateful hunters. There are bad, immoral, wasteful fishermen too. But as a community we are each better in tune with our respective environments than any under paid, under staffed, under resourced government entity.

Look at MLPA's...

KID CREOLE

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK

You are 100% right about the Elk in Yellowstone, they had become OVERPOPULATED because the wolves were wiped out by people who had intrest in cattle sales.

The same can't be said about the mountain lions here in California can it?

speedgoat

Green Bastard
Jul 26, 2006
Parts Unknown
Name
Scott
Boat
S/V Grunion
I doubt that any of the people here that are offended by killing varmints have ever earned a dime by working land or raising animals. Your arguments sound like those of the typical Southern California city-bred NIMBY. You have no frame of reference for understanding the "why", so therefore it must be bad, right? Hey, let's just make it illegal? Fucking judgemental ignorance of the first order.

Try earning your living as a rancher or farmer for a little while and then let's talk about the evils of varmint eradication. You think the beef ranchers that supply your supermarket steak for you are for killing coyotes, badgers, prairie-dogs etc.? You bet your ass they are. You think that's just because they enjoy killing stuff, or is there an underlying productive reason for it?

The adverse affects these critters have on the populations of other game animals have already been pointed out by other people, as have the disease aspects.

If you were anything more than an armchair hunter you would understand why these types of varmints are targeted.

FishStalker

You're no daisy
Sep 3, 2003
With your wife
Visit site
Name
Charles aka "Ben"
Boat
15' Tupperware Sloop
You are 100% right about the Elk in Yellowstone, they had become OVERPOPULATED because the wolves were wiped out by people who had intrest in cattle sales.

The mountain lion (as well as coyote) 'problem' is because people have been encroaching into more remote areas and forcing the predators into smaller and smaller territories and increasing the likelihood of contact with humans. Add some drought and fires and it's an obvious recipe for disaster when the animals are trying to find food.

Think about it, if you were in the middle of nowhere, hungry and tired and found some easy pickings in the form of some chickens or goats and you killed one to avoid starvation, should we kill YOU?

johnnylite

Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
I doubt that any of the people here that are offended by killing varmints have ever earned a dime by working land or raising animals. Your arguments sound like those of the typical Southern California city-bred nimby. You have no frame of reference for understanding the "why", so therefore it must be bad, right? Hey, let's just make it illegal? Fucking judgemental ignorance of the first order.

Try earning your living as a rancher or farmer for a little while and then let's talk about the evils of varmint eradication. You think the beef ranchers that supply your supermarket steak for you are for killing coyotes, badgers, prairie-dogs etc.? You bet your ass they are. You think that's just because they enjoy killing stuff, or is there an underlying productive reason for it?

The adverse affects these critters have on the populations of other game animals have already been pointed out by other people, as have the disease aspects.

If you were anything more than an armchair hunter you would understand why these types of varmints are targeted.
You do a lot of farming there in Point Loma?
This is an opinion board. Everybody gets a turn.

Deno

NO SHENANIGANS....
Jun 23, 2006
EL CAJON.
Name
DENO
Boat
23 CC SEA PRO "BITE THIS"
The problem with Mountain lion is that the fucken tree huggers won’t let us kill them.

The mountain lion (as well as coyote) 'problem' is because people have been encroaching into more remote areas and forcing the predators into smaller and smaller territories and increasing the likelihood of contact with humans. Add some drought and fires and it's an obvious recipe for disaster when the animals are trying to find food.

Think about it, if you were in the middle of nowhere, hungry and tired and found some easy pickings in the form of some chickens or goats and you killed one to avoid starvation, should we kill YOU?

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
You Kill It..............You Grill It.

I got three packs of coyotes with eight+ confirmed dogs per. I got two owls the size of 6yo kids that have nested in my tree for years, I got coons, hawks, wild dogs. All can cause me problems. All that might be infected with some kind of something or other, all that can (and do) eat cats, dogs, and whatever small animal you choose to keep for that week. I don't need to kill them to keep them at bay. With the coyotes I sometimes have to charge them to remind that I can kill them if I wanted. I choose to live among these animals, so why would I want to kill them? To me, it's better than living among the human animals in the city.

I appreciate locobro's opinion.

speedgoat

Green Bastard
Jul 26, 2006
Parts Unknown
Name
Scott
Boat
S/V Grunion
You do a lot of farming there in Point Loma?
This is an opinion board. Everybody gets a turn.
Haven't lived my whole life in Point Loma buddy, only the last 2 1/2 years. How about you? You ever got your hands dirty working on a farm or ranch?

You are correct, it is an opinion board. You just heard mine.

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s

I have to jump in on this becauce I raise cattle. so Im coming from the rancher's point of view.Rancher's should be alloud to kill wolves and in alot of places hunter's should be alloud to kill them to .wolves should be left in places like yellowstone where theres no hunting alloud. but alot of state's wont let rancher kill them even if there attacking live stock.

johnnylite

Sep 19, 2006
Camarillo
Name
John
Boat
Triumph 210cc
Haven't lived my whole life in Point Loma buddy, only the last 2 1/2 years. How about you? You ever got your hands dirty working on a farm or ranch?

Grew up on a farm. Killed things.
Now I try not to.
You are right about the opionions nobody is telling anybody what to do or if they are right or wrong.

I ain't your buddy by the way buddy.

Fresh One

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 10, 2003
Scripps Ranch
Name
Brent
Boat
none
"Everything in moderation" is a motto that has widespread implications.

Keeping predators and varmits in check is sound game management. Killing them all off is not. Neither is protecting them 100% and letting them become overpopulated. Its a complex issue and one that various DFG orgs try to manage through laws regarding varmit/predator hunting. Sometimes they do a good job, sometimes they do not.

As far as studies go, there is a wonderful book called "How to Lie With Statistics". The jist is, in any study, its easy to come to the conclusion you are after so make sure you read studies from both sides and make your own determination. Unfortuantely, like life itself, many factors and variables go into a specific result, so chalking it up to "the wolves came back" is probably a gross oversimplification given all of the variables in play.

In the case of the mountain lion, they have no enemy since they cannot be hunted or controlled. All they do is reproduce and eat deer and sheep. Leaving them unchecked is not a good idea and the liberal CA kooks who outlawed hunting them will soon be rewarded with no more sheep. Hunters have been rewarded with dwindling deer populations for several years.

I'm not advocating killing everything that preys on game animals, I'm just saying that everything needs to be managed. Who is going to do that if humans don't? I guess the other option is to just let mother nature take its course and see what happens. In the case of mountain lions, that would probably end up being no more sheep, not many deer and a sick and starving lion population. Not too mention an increase in human/lion interaction as they come looking for food. None of that sounds as reasonable as some basic management but that is just me.

Deno

NO SHENANIGANS....
Jun 23, 2006
EL CAJON.
Name
DENO
Boat
23 CC SEA PRO "BITE THIS"
You must not have kids, Locobro can kiss my ass. He doesn’t know what the fuck he’s talking about.

You Kill It..............You Grill It.

I got three packs of coyotes with eight+ confirmed dogs per. I got two owls the size of 6yo kids that have nested in my tree for years, I got coons, hawks, wild dogs. All can cause me problems. All that might be infected with some kind of something or other, all that can (and do) eat cats, dogs, and whatever small animal you choose to keep for that week. I don't need to kill them to keep them at bay. With the coyotes I sometimes have to charge them to remind that I can kill them if I wanted. I choose to live among these animals, so why would I want to kill them? To me, it's better than living among the human animals in the city.

I appreciate locobro's opinion.

SNEEKEE

Dec 22, 2006
Bozeman MT
Name
ROBERT ALBERS
Boat
Simms G4z’s

Im sorry I dont think allot of these people have even been near a real ranch speedgoat

Status
Not open for further replies.