Death by internet, make it a double.

Discussion in 'Hunting Discussion' started by Mark66, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic

Quixotic kwik-'sä-tik

Name:
    Quixotic like exotic but a little stranger
    Boat:
    2008 Seaswirl 3301 Striper 2x 250 Yamaha
    I took up bowhunting in the early 80's because it was more difficult for me to kill something.
    I remember when I shot this Elk with a rifle in Montana November 2001. It was so easy. Funny though I was ready for a 600 yard shot, it was only a 80 yard shot with my 300 Remington Ultramag stainless fluted kevlar scope costs more than the friggin gun hunting rifle. I had him shoulder mounted in 3 pieces so I could move it he was so big. I still have the very HEAVY hide blanket and mount. I fed all the neighbors elk for about 3 months. The neighbors like it when I go fishing too.

:Burp:

Elk_Nov_2001_300UltraMag.jpg

2. Mark66

Mark66 Member

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    27' Cat
    Rock on Harold, nice beast. :beerbang:

3. Quixotic

Quixotic kwik-'sä-tik

Name:
    Quixotic like exotic but a little stranger
    Boat:
    2008 Seaswirl 3301 Striper 2x 250 Yamaha
    He was a long heavy 6x6. Other pic had him look like a 5x5. Those eye guard antler tips are sticking 5-6 feet out in front of me. :finger:

Elk_Nov_2001.jpg

4. Rubberhook2

Rubberhook2 Local Bluefin

Name:
    Tim
    Boat:
    None
    I love to hunt, and if I kill something I am hunting that is just icing on the cake. There are plenty of animals I kill that I love to eat and then there are others that I just don't care to. Don't like the taste. Does that mean I should stop hunting that particular animal? Fuck no! It just means I have to be responsible for what I kill and give it away to someone who is glad to accept it or donate it to people who could really use it.

A perfect example is the ducks and geese we shoot in Canada. Lot's of birds, liberal limits and an overdose of adrenaline means more birds than most could eat. What do we do? We clean every bird and donate them to the Salvation Army's food bank to feed needy people. I get to enjoy the hunt without the guilt of game going to waste.

I also kill alot of wild hogs, many of which I don't eat, but many people are more than happy to accept a fresh hog for their freezer. It just takes a little advanced planning to have those people lined up before I start the hunt.

I must admit there are many animals I hunt that I don't eat or skin but I know alot of people who will that may not have the land access or hunting skills to harvest an animal on their own. It is no different with my fishing. I would not consider myself a big fish eater but I do enjoy fishing. My neighbors are more than happy to accept wahoo or fresh seabass from me when I bring it home. I get the fun of catching it while someone else gets to enjoy eating it. I call that a win win situation.

As far as hunting big game I also switched to archery several years ago. Much more of a challenge to get that close to a wild animal. I have been on many bull elk archery hunts where I never released an arrow yet were some of the most exciting hunts I have ever been on...

Scanned Photos 054B.jpg 115_1510A.jpg 114_1426.JPG 114_1401.JPG

5. Kurt

Kurt Mistadobalina

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    %%%%%
    You wanna know what pisses me off? Sitting in a restaurant next to people who order 200 bucks worth of chicken, burgers and steak and then walk out without finishing it or taking it home. That's a lot of God's creatures that died for nothing.

Or does that not count because you are not the one holding the gun?

I don't agree with a lot of what other people do but I'm not gonna start yelling at someone for leaving a half eaten burger. Same with their kill, did they break a law? No? Well, there you go. A lot of that goes with growing up and it cannot be forced.

Where do people draw the line? Is the baitfish a lesser animal than the fish they catch? Does it make a difference because they are cute and fuzzy?

6. reelbadlarry

reelbadlarry Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Larry
    Boat:
    23ft parker, reel bad
    Wow, talk about a slippery slope. Can you post a list of what animals are ok to just kill, and what ones require respect/burial? How do farm rasised food animals fit into this? It is just a bad precedent to set, ie the mountain lion ban in CA. Once we get into the whole Anthropomorphism thing we are done as hunters/fishermen. Merry Christmas everyone, oh and we wont be eating Ham this year, as we watched Babe the talking pig, and now the kids are freaked.

7. FishStalker

FishStalker You're no daisy

Name:
    Charles aka "Ben"
    Boat:
    15' Tupperware Sloop
    I hate to weigh in on this but....

When I was a kid, me and my pellet gun killed an awful lot of birds. I equate this to the varmint hunters--killing for killing's sake.

Fast forward 20+ years and I now have 2 parrots as pets. I couldn't imagine going out and shooting birds for fun just to 'kill sumthin'. Killing to eat? That's different. It's about survival, to some degree. I may not kill the chickens I eat but I would if I had to. I think that some of the people that go out and kill shit just to watch it die are either mentally disturbed or never 'growed up'. I know that I've long since moved past that.

Seeing people go out in the hills and kill hundreds or thousands of squirrels, birds or other critters just to watch their bodies explode is no different than the boats that go out and plug the trashcans with barracuda. You and I know that most of those fish are gonna end up in a trashcan--it's just a waste. And there's plenty of fisherman on this site who've decried THAT practice.

8. johnnylite

johnnylite Never too late to change.

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    I think everyone has a valid point. I still think sneekee is a hoax.
    I think jeph said it best. Could have saved the homo comment though.
    I don't attach intelligence to animals or feelings. I do think the fact that some of them are predators specifically those out in the wild not predating on livestock shouldn't be hunted. I know that probably makes me gay and a trehugger,etc. but that's my opinion. Jeph said it best and without all the crap of I'm smarter than you.

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. That's mine.

9. ConSeaMate

ConSeaMate Legend in my own mind

Name:
    Buster Brown
    Boat:
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">There is no such thing as a "smart" or "dumb" animal. Simply put, our ideal of intelligence has no place in the animal kingdom. Now, certain animals are blessed with more God given survival instincts than others; but again, that has nothing to do with intelligence.

I guess he never met Flipper......
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

10. Babu

Babu Dork

Name:
    Dr. Kermit Fang
    Boat:
    17ft whaler "Marie-Marie"
    Fuckin Chuck Connors

180px-Connors-chuck.jpg

11. the hook

the hook Bluesman

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    21' Sea Pro the Hook
    Remember, Locobro, this is SNEEKEE typing the objectionable message. SNEEKEE is a fabrication, Afaik

HJ

12. SNEEKEE

SNEEKEE Member

Name:
    ROBERT ALBERS
    Boat:
    Simms G4z’s
    Hey fucker the fucking coon's get in to my grain they kill alot of the fucking qail around here.The fucking coon are over populaitted so its fucking management and you would no this if you were a hunter.Now I think you should go play hide and FUCK YOUR SELF!!!

13. SNEEKEE

SNEEKEE Member

Name:
    ROBERT ALBERS
    Boat:
    Simms G4z’s
    Fuck ya

14. SNEEKEE

SNEEKEE Member

Name:
    ROBERT ALBERS
    Boat:
    Simms G4z’s
    I lost one fucking show steer's last year because of fucking badger's and there big fucking hole my steer steped in it hole and broke it's leg there's a good fucking reason to kill badger's

15. SNEEKEE

SNEEKEE Member

Name:
    ROBERT ALBERS
    Boat:
    Simms G4z’s
    Oh ya every thing I kill Im going eat or I have a reason

16. TROB

TROB Member

Name:
    Tommy
    Boat:
    Duck Schmuck - yak
    uh oh we have a kid that weighs a buck 20 acting like a badass again......stay inside and lock your doors. sneekee's juvenile response in 3....2....1...

too the original poster, i get what youre saying about the kiling for shits and giggles. i shot a lot of rockchucks this summer for a reason, but havent killed a "common bird with a pellet gun" since i was 10 or so. i understand what youre sayin. and certain things bug me too.

17. johnnylite

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc

Why do I keep thinking we're going to see this guy on the six oclock news? That is if he is real of course.

18. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Stefan
    Boat:
    Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
    I really don't know what to say about this thread ecept there are some folks here who are making uneducated statements and live in a box!

I'm a bird hunter, but hunting is hunting! I read as much as possible and talk to as many bilogist and game wardens as possible about wildlife management.

Coyotes, Badgers, Racoons and ground squirrles(SP) play hell on birds, epsecially upland and waterfowl, ground squirrles are the worst.

When hunting mountain lions was legal here in California, we had a growing big horn sheep population, since the ban, the sheep populations has been devastated.

In South Dakota, their DFG has hired guns who shoot coyotes and any other varmint from a slow flying Cessna, South Dakota has some of the best hunting in the country. If predators and varmints are kept in check certain bird or animals population can be devastated.

So those of you who think I'm wrong, hop in the water and give that seal a loving hug while he's gulping down your jack pot cbass.

19. johnnylite

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Triumph 210cc
    :hali_blablalba:
    :hali_blablalba:

20. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Stefan