Deadbeat fishing partners

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by RodRage, Dec 21, 2017.

1. bman440440

bman440440 I am the one who knocks!!!

Name:
    B-MAN
    Boat:
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Ships & Giggles (32' double decker pontoon)
    it depends on the private boat...... like on my boat... 25-30 gallons of fuel for a 4AM-6PM trip, $50 for live bait, $15 for ice... so $155 divided by 3 = $51=/-... now a boat that burns 125 gallons for that same time, $100 for (2 scoops)bait, $15-25 ice= $500 divided by 3 = $166 +/-
    so ya figure your average 3/4 day boat is $150 plus (if you drink beer much more) less time on the water... anywhere from 15-50 rent rods and others (that guy) on the boat... its about what you can deal with fishing... me personally 99 out of 100 times I would rater take my boat... but there is that time when I just want to be lazy and fish (full contact fishing aside(being on a sporty with a full load of rent rods)) so I hop on a sporty.

2. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    not really, just saying

3. RodRage

RodRage Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat:
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    bman440440 is dead on with cost and I agree even after spending a couple days during the week and extra $$ prepping Id much rather be on a private craft that does 25 knots and a group decision can be made on where and what fish to target over a cattle boat any day, If worried about $30 I got no business owning my own boat but I do have a problem with freeloaders....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    bman440440 likes this.
  4. TwoTapPat

TwoTapPat Oh ya that's jazzy

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    High on the Goat
    I have been on both sides of the fence. I know what it takes to run and maintain a boat. I'm luckily enough the have a great group of friends with boat's now. Make sure your paper is strong learn what needs to be done and for good sakes help clean. I never have a problem finding a ride. Fishin is supposed to be fun and enjoyable.

bman440440 likes this.
  5. RodRage

Name:
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat:
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    By all means, I enjoy taking people fishing.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    bman440440 likes this.
  6. TEAMFISH

TEAMFISH JUST ADD WATER

Name:
    DAVE
    Boat:
    25' Skipjack Fisherman
    Nailed it!

bman440440 likes this.
  7. dwaynesda

dwaynesda dwayne

Name:
    dwayne
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    Make him agree to pay for the bait. Also have him be the one that gets out of the boat and holds it while at the bait barge. If he can't pay, just simply put it in gear and drive away while leaving him on the bait barge!

apogee and RodRage like this.
  8. apogee

apogee My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic

Name:
    Apogee..
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    Stay friendly. Tell him magnificent fishing stories. Never say you won't take him out again...Never take him out on your boat again. Not only is he free loader, if something happened like he fell down on your boat or a fish hook to the dick he would be a liability unless he likes fish hooks in his dick...Ap

matta57 likes this.
  9. afishenado

afishenado Newbie

Name:
    Gabe
    Boat:
    north river
    It looks like everyone who owns a boat has to go through this kind of bullshit, yes me included, is ther a name for these kind of people? Yes dead beats boat hoes low lifes. I dont put up with these kind of losers. Why should anybody have to put up with this kind of bullshit,not on my watch. I know what it costs to maintain a boat and the expenses that go with it and just to have some guy tell me I didn't bring any cash or all i have is 10 bucks, fuck that not on my boat. I have a good group of fishing buddies that I fish with now. We all pitch in for everything,thats the way it should be

10. matta57

matta57 hack

Name:
    matt
    Boat:
    none
    seinfeld

11. stangclassic66

stangclassic66 USCG Master

Name:
    Capt. Erik
    Boat:
    25' Parker
    Your guys' problem is you don't disclose your expectations. You're just content to have a fishing partner until you expect payment.

Before the thought of even going, my crew all know the amount that is required to jump on my boat at the very minimum the ballpark.

I even have a floscan so that if they disclose that they have to leave right after the trip (and I agree to it) they can pre pay me based on the cost of gas per gallon.

No surprises for me and the crew knows exactly what they're getting into and they have every option to not go with me based on my disclosures. Easy for everyone.

12. invictus

invictus AVD

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    Like said, you got off cheap. Sometimes that is the best side of a crappy deal, now you know.

13. RodRage

Name:
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat:
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    By far not the first rodeo I been way to nice over the years maybe have everyone check in with the wife before coming aboard that should solve the problem but I may be a little lonely on the boat.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    cortezpirasea likes this.
  14. RyoK

RyoK RyoK

Name:
    Ryo
    Boat:
    none
    Gas and Grass i got plenty of. Ass i need to work on. You sound like my type of captain. let me know next time you roll out. I'll bring plenty of everything plus fees.

15. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    Boat owner, know your boat, know how much fuel you will burn on the trip or close estimate, know how much bait will be, do the math , also require cash, then collect the money before you leave the dock... if you go over return them the overage, if short and they are good guys, they may pony up, if not... then grin and bare it...

no fights no arguments, no money.... leave them on the dock...
    that's keeping it simple.....

bman440440 likes this.
  16. jigstrike

jigstrike SCUBA Spearing Daddy

Name:
    Tom McKinney
    Boat:
    Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
    I have had good luck with all my bd hoes. So far, no deadbeats. A few have been late, shit happens. One didn't have a licence. And some haven't clicked well. But all have paid up.

And 2 of my best friends ever are guys I met through BD that I still dive and fish and hunt with and would lend my boat to without a second thought. So its been worth it to me.

I like to start with a full tank, then re fill on the way in so fuel use is pretty clear. I just hate not being able to find fish and thwn saying pay up for gas. SoI try to be upfront with my experience driving the boat, and the plans I have to get us on fish.

repo805 and jer dog like this.
  17. cortezpirasea

cortezpirasea Pangero

Name:
    Russell
    Boat:
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Paying first, then catching fish always seems to erase the sting of the cost.

gecsr1 likes this.
  18. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    and if you don't catch fish, the day is done with no problems... except you may have to clean your own boat LOL.... sorry no refunds the trip still cost money....LOL

cortezpirasea likes this.
  19. Jigslinger

Jigslinger Fishing is an incurable disease

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
    I don't get all the guys that take virtual strangers on trips then be surprised that some of them might stiff you. If your 'buddies' are stiffing you then new friends are clearly needed.

Lundalakan and gecsr1 like this.
  20. ironmike

ironmike ironmike

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    nope, need to go with you or CB's
    Hey, I agree, I ask what is need for share and bring that and more if someone is going and I'm a rider. I give 'em the $$ first!!