rsokolowski

Almost A Member
Jun 26, 2009
Wahiawa/Hawaii/USA
Name
Roy Sokolowski
Boat
currently boatless
Over the weekend a dead whale (very decomposed) was spotted by marine biologists (Cascadia Research) conducting survey work funded by the US Navy. I asked for the location and they replied on their Facebook page. The location was 22 deg 23.14'N, 159 deg 36.45'W. You could see land in the background of the picture so it is not too far offshore (also the survey work is done from a rib so they do not normally stray too far offshore in normal trade wind weather).

If I get any updates I will post, Good luck.

Upvote 0

rsokolowski

Almost A Member
Jun 26, 2009
Wahiawa/Hawaii/USA
Name
Roy Sokolowski
Boat
currently boatless
Decomposed whale photos from the cascadia facebook page
2015Feb16_D41_RWB_0199-RS.jpg

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I bet there are a ton of fish under that thing!
I fished years ago by a dead Whale we caught limits of YFT in less then a hour we were really lucky to find it because
we were patty hopping and their were not many too be found that day' it saved the day

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I remember seeing a video of a dead whale off cabo that had to have 10,000 dorado/mahi under it.

Upvote 0

hawkplayer32

GOOD DEAL
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Anthony Hicks
Boat
Good Deal
I fished years ago by a dead Whale we caught limits of YFT in less then a hour we were really lucky to find it because
we were patty hopping and their were not many too be found that day' it saved the day
I had a similar experience on my last trip down to Turtle Bay!

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
The currents don't look too favorable to push it our way, I hope the Kauai BOYZ are hammerin' it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fish Asassin
Upvote 0