twinfinpig

On the water
Jul 27, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
Name
Nick
Boat
19' Guardian
What have people done with their trailers that have no more useful life? I tried to donate to a few organizations and they don't want it (rightly so). I guess my next step is one of these pick up your junk organizations or a junkyard? Still dont quite understand how that works with the DMV if it becomes junked. Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

Posted a free thread as it has soooommmmeee life left if somebody needed a quick fix but really it should just be junked or parted out. I just want the thing gone!

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
Jun 22, 2014
No Grave But the Sea
Name
Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
Boat
Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
I know SA Recycling takes cars and will help you out with the DMV paperwork. I am sure this would probably be the same.

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
im in hemet. if you bring it to me i'll take it. cut it up and throw it on the scrap pile. also if your worried about dmv stuff sign the title over as a "gift" i'll handle it.

Last edited:

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
I took my old trailer to a scrap yard in Otay Mesa...they even paid me $126

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
I took mine to the dump.You need the title.

crawdadguy

team greybeard
Feb 21, 2006
NO. County S.D.
Name
crawdad guy
Boat
21 seaswirl DC
took mine to a scrapyard told them they could have it...never asked me for a title then a giant magnet picked it up and threw it on a pile

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
I dont remember the name...see map below...it was in this area

East of 805 and North of the 905...there are plenty of junk/salvage yards

google is your friend

capture.jpg

twinfinpig

On the water
Jul 27, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
Name
Nick
Boat
19' Guardian
I guess I blew it. After getting a parking ticket and just wanted it gone. Paid some junk guy to pick it up and cut it up. If he somehow revives it good for him. Either way its gone. Now I have to deal with the title and the DMV to do some sort of salvage job or something. What did people do with DMV? Looks like there is some sort of title you can get for scrapping it.

I dont remember the name...see map below...it was in this area

East of 805 and North of the 905...there are plenty of junk/salvage yards

google is your friend

View attachment 1204069

Keitha

Oct 2, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Name
KA
Boat
18' Outrage
I guess I blew it. After getting a parking ticket and just wanted it gone. Paid some junk guy to pick it up and cut it up. If he somehow revives it good for him. Either way its gone. Now I have to deal with the title and the DMV to do some sort of salvage job or something. What did people do with DMV? Looks like there is some sort of title you can get for scrapping it.
Just fill out and send in the release of liability (attached to pink slip - or you can do it online now) with the junk guy as the "buyer".
Either way, it's out of your chain of ownership then.