garlicsalt

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 18, 2014
pitted.
Name
jed
Boat
''the twisted ducker''
Excellent work 5150, got a story- where, when, how. please do tell.

5150Pescador

I love my 1911!
Aug 24, 2008
Orange County, Mexifornia
Name
Marcelo
Boat
Indy, Q105 and Intrepid!
Saturday night. Took my cousin tony out. First timer. Was able to hunt some private stuff near Perris. Called a double in at the 11 minute mark. They came in hot. I was using a custom tuned hand call by Ron Huberts (jawbreaker here in the BD forum) Called this guy in to 60 yards and Tony flattened him with my Tikka 22-250. We sat quietly for 5 minutes after and called more in! This went in for 2 hours. Called 9 total. Amazing action when you can get in property with no hunting pressure!

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
It appears we got some closet bunny humpers on this thread :rofl:. Either that or watched Avatar too many times.
I'm thinking that if most here kill what they eat, there's a lot of single guys here :-)

NASTYHABTS26

Pescado Bonita 26 ft Pang
Apr 24, 2004
SO CALI
Name
Don
Boat
26 ft Apex Diesel Panga Pescado Bonita
My son took this predator yesterday with a compound bow.

image.jpg

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Well, I guess that qualifies as a dead predator.......LOL

Nice bear! Any story? His first with a bow, or with any weapon, or what? Congrats to him!!!!

NASTYHABTS26

Apr 24, 2004
SO CALI
Name
Don
Boat
1st bear ever, he spotted the bear at 200 yards and stalked to 20 yards, single arrow from his Bowtech, the bear only went 30 yards before he died, arrow went through both lungs.
DFW warden who validated it said it was the biggest bear they have seen in at least two years, he called in two other wardens to check it out, all agreed it went over 400 lbs. the wardens said it was unusual to see a bear this big taken by archery, they said big bears usually don't let hunters get that close to them.

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
1st bear ever, he spotted the bear at 200 yards and stalked to 20 yards, single arrow from his Bowtech, the bear only went 30 yards before he died, arrow went through both lungs.
DFW warden who validated it said it was the biggest bear they have seen in at least two years, he called in two other wardens to check it out, all agreed it went over 400 lbs. the wardens said it was unusual to see a bear this big taken by archery, they said big bears usually don't let hunters get that close to them.

Very nice!! Can't imagine what kind of a rush he got being 20 yards from that guy, with only a stick and string in his hand...... ;)

NASTYHABTS26

Apr 24, 2004
SO CALI
Name
Don
Boat
Update on the story.
When he got to the taxidermist he was told that bear would have to go 450 pounds and that it is probably within the top 2 percent of bears for the last three years.
Taxidermist is going to prepare the skull for official measurement.
Taxidermist said that this would be considered "The Bear of a Lifetime"
I just thought it was a good bear, what do I know ;)

pura vida

Pura Vida II
Jan 29, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Gene Miller
Boat
Pura Vida II, 500 mile range
I still don't understand why anyone shoots Coyotes unless they are truly predators taking a ranchers animals. Where I live the Coyotes are getting fewer and fewer but the Ground Squirrels have tried to take over in Coyotes absence. If you haven't seen the squirrel holes and erosion caused by them, you may not understand.

Safe Hunting

GClev

Newbie for Life
Nov 21, 2015
LA County
Name
Gary C
Boat
HMS Hotspur
I still don't understand why anyone shoots Coyotes unless they are truly predators taking a ranchers animals. Where I live the Coyotes are getting fewer and fewer but the Ground Squirrels have tried to take over in Coyotes absence. If you haven't seen the squirrel holes and erosion caused by them, you may not understand.

Safe Hunting
Around here, there are very few "farms" and very few sheep. The coyotes live on garbage, gardens, pets, and pet food. All those "Missing Dog" flyers on the bulletin board at the local store might as well say "Dog Eaten." Your Jack Russell Terrier is not missing nor is he coming home tonight. It was a snack.

Coyotes are not getting "fewer and fewer." They are prolific, dangerous, and carry scores of awful diseases and parasites (see Coyote, Marc Bekoff ed.). California probably carries 800,000 to 1 million coyotes by spring of every year. AZ Game & Fish estimates that a take of 80% is fully sustainable. No amount of hunting is going to change that much. There are only a handful of guys in the state who really know how to hunt them efficiently.

Marcelo and I have a few friends in common. Here are a few that were shotgunned at really close range.

Reactions: 5150Pescador

GClev

Newbie for Life
Nov 21, 2015
LA County
Name
Gary C
Boat
HMS Hotspur
Apples and orange crates. Know your targets.

Coyotes: Biology, Behavior, and Management by Marc Bekoff Ed.

"Using a multi-disciplinary approach, Coyotes: Biology, Behavior, and Management brings together an abundance of information on all aspects of the coyote life. A collection of current information on behavioral ecology and management, this book serves as an indispensable practical source for students, researchers, and workers in biological sciences and wildlife management.

"Nineteen contributors from academia and the U.S. Fish & Wildlife service have compiled the best review to date on the coyote with nearly 1000 references cited. 368 pages. Both the index and table of contents are complete and well-organized."

It must vex Marc like a rash that his book was used in the development of one of the deadliest coyote killing techniques ever devised.

Last edited:

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Around here, there are very few "farms" and very few sheep. The coyotes live on garbage, gardens, pets, and pet food. All those "Missing Dog" flyers on the bulletin board at the local store might as well say "Dog Eaten." Your Jack Russell Terrier is not missing nor is he coming home tonight. It was a snack.

Coyotes are not getting "fewer and fewer." They are prolific, dangerous, and carry scores of awful diseases and parasites (see Coyote, Marc Bekoff ed.). California probably carries 800,000 to 1 million coyotes by spring of every year. AZ Game & Fish estimates that a take of 80% is fully sustainable. No amount of hunting is going to change that much. There are only a handful of guys in the state who really know how to hunt them efficiently.

Marcelo and I have a few friends in common. Here are a few that were shotgunned at really close range.

Nice work. Save a few pets there :D

Reactions: 5150Pescador

5150Pescador

I love my 1911!
Aug 24, 2008
Orange County, Mexifornia
Name
Marcelo
Boat
Indy, Q105 and Intrepid!

Hey Gary. How ya been? Haven't seen you in a while. Let's hunt sometime. Shoot me a message.

LoneStalker

Nov 29, 2010
Valley Center CA
Name
Blaine
Boat
14'Valco, Nitro Z6
I found this guy while turkey hunting a couple years ago. Followed a blood trail that led back to a boned out deer. Looks like either the hunters took its deer or the lion tried to take theirs. I already let the local warden know so don't bother.

IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0021.JPG

Cuernos

Jan 7, 2010
Santucky
Name
Raul
Boat
I'll Split The Gas And Bait
Stuck this guy the other night. Second one this year.

20161122_170745.jpg

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Need some new dead yote pics

Reactions: CartridgeCalls