Don't play with the bait!
Dec 30, 2004
La Mesa
www.sdincomeproperties.com
Name
Keith
Boat
Captivator
I've wanted to go preditor hunting for years. Got a call and made a few week attempts at calling after quail hunting. Listened to calls on the internet and tried to immitate as best as I could. Thing is, all my hunting buddies prefer birds to preditors. I would love to buy lunch/dinner and a few beers for any one that would like to teach an old man some new tricks. PM me and we'll figure out a time and place to go.

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
This is what my buddy Idaho does for fun. He is 6' 3"

(Well Christmas came early for me. I had the opportunity to go up mountain lion hunting with a buddy of mine. We turned the dogs out at 2pm and had the cat treed by 2:30. Shot him with my bow at 17 yards. He is a 130-140lb tom.)
Nice cat!

Reuben

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 23, 2008
Socal
Name
Reuben
Boat
Boat
John thats a super nice lion! Way to go.

I shot this Wolf September. My first.

Skinned out

BOWUNTR

Jul 29, 2004
Prescott, Az
Name
Ed F
Boat
Friend of boat owners
Holy shit... I want one of those too. That would be awsome to call one of those in and shoot it with a bow!!!Here is one more from Saturday. Ed F

ReconDoc242

Dude on the mountain...
Jul 1, 2005
Chino Hills, CA and Flagstaff, AZ
www.specopsts.com
Name
Doc
Boat
24ft CC- Ulla's Revenge
Me playing guide to my daughter on camp pendleton hunting with 5.56.

Her first coyote of the day taken at 200yds

Her second one take at 320ish yds

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
we feed the neighborhood fox fish scraps. I think I need to blow its brains out so i can jjoin this bloodfest.

Do any of these things make table fare?

5150Pescador

I love my 1911!
Aug 24, 2008
Orange County, Mexifornia
Name
Marcelo
Boat
Indy, Q105 and Intrepid!
we feed the neighborhood fox fish scraps. I think I need to blow its brains out so i can jjoin this bloodfest.

Do any of these things make table fare?
I hear coyote taste like shit. Dont know about fox. However, I heard bobcat is mighty tasty.

Meh... fuck that. I'll just have a cold beer and some hotwannngs!! lol

5150Pescador

I love my 1911!
Aug 24, 2008
Name
Marcelo
Boat
Indy, Q105 and Intrepid!
OK, so this picture isnt of a DEAD pedator. Couple of buddies on mine went out yesterday and did some callin. As you can see here, they got back doored. Tey coyote didnt make it out tho. Mark DID get it!

5150Pescador

I love my 1911!
Aug 24, 2008
Name
Marcelo
Boat
Indy, Q105 and Intrepid!
Ok, the heat is starting to go down and its time to get back out and get this thread going again. Heres a few from last saturday. Enjoy...

Back out soon to collect a few more.

Mergrath

Oct 13, 2006
East County
Name
Tim "ShamWow" Schaeffer
Boat
Inflatable farm animals
Damn boyz! :eek:

Okiebones

River bum
Oct 6, 2007
Boomer Sooner !!
Name
Aaron Proffitt
Boat
biggun'
A few more pics of the tools of the trade...I rarely get many pics during a hunt as things start happening pretty fast and then I am inspecting dogs and treating injuries . I need to quit that and preserve some images. Anyway , more of my fast dogs and Airedales.

Attachments

albacora

Sep 9, 2007
pacific beach
Name
albacora
Boat
AMB
I'd love to watch your Saluki's hunt and then the Airedales rip some butt!

I did a Hawaiian pig hunt, the dogs where "trailers" (Saluki types) and "Grabbers", don't remember for sure what breed. Maybe Greatdane/pitbull cross? Both da-kine dogs worked those 3-400 hundred # boars over.

albatross

i free gaff seals
May 1, 2006
fullerton
Name
jay
Boat
not
I Like my 06 with a ninty gr.hollow point 200 yds no problem what you think

albacora

Sep 9, 2007
pacific beach
Name
albacora
Boat
AMB
OUT STANDING! That is the Sport of Kings!

How do you follow your Salukis?:worship:

This is actually one of my favs...look just in front of the dogs and you can see they are just about to make the hit.

Okiebones

River bum
Oct 6, 2007
Boomer Sooner !!
Name
Aaron Proffitt
Boat
biggun'
These actually aren't Salukis, alba. These are what's typically referred to as staghounds....American Staghound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the UK, you hear alot about "lurchers".....that is a sighthound crossed to a non-sighthound breed for a desired result . Collie x greyhounds are popular , so are bull x grey in some areas . In fact, if you've ever seen the movie 'Snatch' you see an example of 'Coursing' ( I believe the Irish gypsies in the movie called it 'cahrsin') with lurchers.
However, a Stag should be all sighthound. They're usually a Heinz 57 of sighthounds ,but it should be all sighthound...even though I have seen alot of damn good coyote dogs that were a Greyhound x GWP and then back to Greyhound . You try to mix sighthound breeds that are known for endurance ,like a borzoi , to a breed known for speed; and Greyhounds are king at speed . Over time, breeders develop lines that have plenty of speed and endurance along with efficient dispatch ability . In the end you have lethal marathoner.

As far as following, once the dogs are dumped ...it's usually a race to get to a high point to watch it all play out. However, most runs don't last all that long .Even when the dogs are launched a qtr. mile out , alot of times they will close the distance real quick before the coyote fully grasps what's taking place and by then it's to late. Once a race kicks up, the coyote has 3 choices ....1. head for cover as cedar canyons and brush are remove the dog's greatest asset.2 'tree'..yes a coyote will tree 3. go to ground . As a general rule, I won't send a denning dog in after a denned coyote or shoot one out of a tree ...I figure if he made it to either one then he won the match.Only exception is if I am participating in a gov. funded hunt , then it's a depredation exercise and no longer hunting per se.They've reached concentration levels were someone's way of life is at stake. ;)