I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 18, 2007
bahia asuncion, on the west coast of central baja
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
here in BAhia Asuncion the Biosphere Ranger tagged at least 119 dead pinnipeds that were mostly male California Sea Lions but there were also a few Gueadalupe Fur seals, spotted seals & elephant seals as well. Some beaches had dead sealions every 50-100 yards...pretty stinky. Luckily Hurricane Karen's big swell yesterday washed most of them back out to sea. Many more have been seen floating around as well. Pinniped biologists say they are sealions feeding offshore and have taken blood and skin samples but the results have not been made public yet so we dont know what they are dying of.
They have asked us to report, examine and photograph any more marine animals and birds that wash up on the beaches so you can send photos to me if you care to. My email is [email protected] or message me with reports here...gracias

Reactions: Cubeye

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
That's crazy. I've only seen a handful of dead sea lions in my entire life. Is it localized to just your area or is it more widespread

blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
bahia asuncion, on the west coast of central baja
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
That's crazy. I've only seen a handful of dead sea lions in my entire life. Is it localized to just your area or is it more widespread
it seems fairly localized to about a 30 mile radius but I also know that there are also reports from San Juanico. Because there are fur seals and spotted seals etc experts figure they are dying from something they are feeding on offshore then coming ashore here.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen