Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
Looks good.
hopefully it will last the life of the motor.

Its great when you can make or fix a part instead of buying it...

Good job tracking down the culprit.
True. Thanks Josh but I kinda doubt that the plastic parts (totalling less than 5 bucks with tax) will as they appear to be designed to wear down sacrifically. One thing I didn't note yet is that while firing up the motor to check shifting operation (successfully I might add :) ...I noticed that the warmup lever is not working; I must have reassembled the link incorrectly when I put the control casing back together. So, I'll be pulling that off again for try number two... Stay tuned ;)

As for the welded piece, YES! I sure hope so- a couple of the attachment screws are hard to reach (especially the bottom one) so I wouldn't look forward to R&R'ing that one any time soon.

Nick

215cc Triumph
Aug 4, 2004
san diego
www.sandiegoanglers.com
Name
Nick
Boat
bad habit
Looking at the first pictures, The lube used looks very thick and gritty. There is a specific grease designed for shifter mechanizum that will work a lots smoother and allow the shifting to be easier.

mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
I learned something very important. The fast idle (warmup) lever will not work unless the controls casing goes back together in a very specific order. DO NOT attempt to re-install the casing unless the fast idle lever is first screwed onto it's mounting/cam. Here's a pic of how it should look before reassembly (viewed from inside).

Screenshot_2016-03-03-15-03-49.png

Last edited:
Reactions: One_Leg