Shoot em & cook em
Apr 18, 2014
Open Ocean
Name
BajaLifeStyle
Boat
Parker
Hey Fellas,

This past weekend we were flying the kite. We were able to get A flyer bit. But we were having some struggle that I couldn't quite figure out to make it more consistent

Basically, once we get the flyer to go out, We can make it walk across the water perfectly. Once it gets to the zone we want the flyer to be in, after a few minutes the flyer goes head up. We set up the flyers one j-hook through the head and one treble through the front of the tail. We are doing all the proper adjustments to get the flyer just even on the water but it ends up just look straight up no matter what we do. Went through a few flyers trying to mess with different setups but I asked myself..there's no way I'm the only one experiencing this. I've done so much research and this is how people usually set it up..

Quite frustrating that the flyer is not laying down flat but more of a vertical look into the sky.

If anyone has tips and tricks please let me know. I'm sure this will help others.

Let em eat 74

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2016
Anaheim Hills
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
F37B333E-ABEE-4544-9A3D-C3438802E89A.jpeg

After experimenting with a bunch of different ways, I have landed in this as the best way to rig the flyer. If you notice it’s like a double trouble. The J hook has a leg that’s 1 1/2”-2” shorter. This will keep the head up as you skip it back and forth away from the boat and back so it doesn’t dig into the water and tear itself up. It’s been my experience that the two legs get hooked up more often and that if one is compromised, the other will not be because it won’t be under the same tension and it will sink in as well.

Reactions: Cubeye and Antares

Mr Main22

Shoot em & cook em
Apr 18, 2014
Open Ocean
Name
BajaLifeStyle
Boat
Parker
Hey let me eat 74

that seems like a totally different way that I’ve personally seen but I can see the concept! Maybe I should try that one of these days

As far as my setup and pictures, I have it attached. Now the treble I do make a little bit longer at times. Depending on the size bait.

D47C401C-E699-40FE-9835-141C59A31A9C.jpeg

Let em eat 74

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2016
Anaheim Hills
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
Good news is that you’ve got all the correct hardware. The 12/0 Jobu and ST-66 are perfect. I promise my way will fix the issue you’ve had. As an awesome side effect you’ll hook more and pull less hooks.

Husband

RIP ANDY - 1983-2009
May 12, 2009
Mission Viejo
Name
Tim
Boat
28 Parker
Good news is that you’ve got all the correct hardware. The 12/0 Jobu and ST-66 are perfect. I promise my way will fix the issue you’ve had. As an awesome side effect you’ll hook more and pull less hooks.

I like to tie a rubber band from the main line to the line just before the treble, so you can slide it up, or down to get it sitting flat. Using your exact rig..