Feb 25, 2007
Islamorada, FL
Name
Rick
Boat
54' Blackwell
ricksword.jpg

Bud N' Mary's Florida Keys Fishing Marina in Islamorada
Daytime swordfish caught out of Bud N' Mary's Marina, in Islamorada, Florida Keys. Angler Richard Jay Stanczyk catches 170lb Swordfish during the day. On the trip just last week, I caught 7 small pups on rod and reel which I think may be a record?

Upvote 0

harryo

harryo
May 9, 2005
San Diego
Name
Harry Okuda
Boat
sold
How do you fish the swords during the day? Do you site fish as we do on the West Coast or drift or troll in areas where you expect to find them?
harryo

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Instead of "daytime swordfish" I think "say hello to my little friend" would have been a more appropriate posting title LOL ....git it.

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
That's a beauty...definitely the "Holy Grail" of sportfishing.

There is nothing like sight casting a live mack to a finning sword...when they light up that irradescent purple color you know it's game on...

Tough, tough fish to land...

Congrats...

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
That looks like a squid bait hanging out of that swords mouth...

Upvote 0

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat
Pez Loco
Syxx, nice fish! I'd love to do some offshore stuff next time I'm down but the guys I go with all like the backcountry stuff since they won't get seasick.

Question for you.... Did Papa Joe's get sold or get their liquor license back for the upstairs bar? I'll be down there in April and it sucked last year when we were forced to drink warm beer upstairs. Looking forward to sunset, cigar and a cocktail this time hopefully

Upvote 0