Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
My wife is a CEO at a credit union. She’s always kept a spread sheet on my days on the water. Last trip I went over 700 days of long range fishing and she tells me there might be a few before she started the spread sheet. Last trip I was on I now have 701 days of long range fishing. Over the years I have met some amazing people and fished some amazing places. I leave again Tuesday for a trip on the red rooster. Destination Guadalupe. After that I have a 11 day and a few 16 days. I just love everything about long range fishing.

A2405C29-689A-45A0-BEA9-96E2E5337D5C.jpeg

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Islander
My wife is a CEO at a credit union. She’s always kept a spread sheet on my days on the water. Last trip I went over 700 days of long range fishing and she tells me there might be a few before she started the spread sheet. Last trip I was on I now have 701 days of long range fishing. Over the years I have met some amazing people and fished some amazing places. I leave again Tuesday for a trip on the red rooster. Destination Guadalupe. After that I have a 11 day and a few 16 days. I just love everything about long range fishing.

View attachment 1304761
A few years ago, Tim Turis received an award from the boat, over 730 days on the Excel! That’s one loyal guy!

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    Mike, any idea how many days Pappy had on the Rooster?

You da man, Soda! In more ways than one. Warm up the bird for me. (October 8-day)
    Well I'm not Mike but I'll tell you it was a lot of days, and I miss him...What a great fisherman, and kind and sharing once you got to know him.

Congrats on all those day's Soda, that's fantastic.

Upvote 0
    Mar 18, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Royal Polaris

View attachment 1304761
    Whoa.....I'm just a bit past half way to your 701. Man, that's a lot of fishing over the years.! Keep it rolling Sodie!

Reactions: Soda Pop

af dreamer

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 16, 2007
    long beach,ca
    Name
    tom
    Boat
    44 luhrs dreamer
    Have her start a new spreadsheet with hours traveling and hours actually fishing!Would be interesting!On the troll going from point a to point be is not fishing.At the Rocks for Hoos is.Tom

Upvote 0

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
    Apr 27, 2003
    US/Mexico
    Name
    Choate
    Boat
    Islander
    I don't keep great records like these guys, I just fish. But once I had my construction company all dialed in, I fished a lot! :D
    I would generally do an early summer 5 day, July 8 day, fall 10 or 11 day, and 3-17 or 18 day trips a year.
    One year I did a hundred days of long range fishing total!
    Nothing like these iron men though.

Upvote 0

Mike Nall

Sep 1, 2014
    Name
    Boomer
    Boat
    Any one that floats.
    Mike, any idea how many days Pappy had on the Rooster?

You da man, Soda! In more ways than one. Warm up the bird for me. (October 8-day)
    Too many to count. Pappy went on almost every 15-16 day trips the Rooster ran, usually taking one off per year and was doing it WAAAAAAY before I was around. I sure do miss that dude.

Upvote 0

bluefinkiller25

Working supports my fishing habit....
    Feb 16, 2010
    Oakland, Ca
    Name
    Zach
    Boat
    Flash/Flash II
    I’ve been fortunate enough to go on a long range trip every year since 2006. Only trips ranging from 5 to 8 days so far. Just did my math and I’m at 146 days on long range boats. I plan on keeping this up as long as they let us do it. Hopefully be able to do some longer trips in the coming years.

Upvote 0

afraser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat
    NA
    We've been so spoiled with these big bluefin around that I haven't gone long range in a few years. Getting cows or near cows consistently on 1-3 day trips is truly exceptional but it's happened every year for a few years now. Although I do miss the willingness of big YFT biting the top water lures on some of those LR trips. Circa 200 LR days, not counting the shorter 2-4 day trips.

Upvote 0

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
    Jan 14, 2006
    Walnut Creek CA
    longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
    Name
    Jeff Burroughs
    Boat
    Long Range and Private
    Congrats, Soda! That is an impressive total for the time frame. I know you Love Long Range Sport Fishing San Diego Style! Me too. I have a similar amount but it has taken me around double your years to do it! I know we will share the rail eventually, it is inevitable. Looking forward to it...

Cheers,

- Jeff Burroughs

Upvote 0

hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 21, 2008
    Aurora Colorado
    Name
    Kevin
    Boat
    None
    Soda is one of a kind. Probably the nicest and most generous person in this sport! He truly is one of a kind!!!! Hope to see you again sometime soon David 👍👍👍

Upvote 0

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ennis, Montana
    Name
    Gene
    Boat
    The Searcher
    I don't get to go as much as I want, but now I am booked on an 8 day trip on the Searcher from now on. If I could afford more I'd sure go.

Upvote 0