c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
My son won an overnight trip on the El Dorado through Point Loma Landing. They only had a few overnight trips so figured we could use it on a 1.5 day trip and pay the difference. Not so, the guy at Point Loma sad too bad you missed your chance, should have did one of the overnight trips. Huh? Great customer service, jerk! I know the raffles are for a good cause just wish I hadn't had this bad experience. I called the El Dorado and left message. Doubt I'll here from them in time.
Just wanted to vent!
Glenn

Reactions: c-goat and tunajuan
Upvote 0

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Glen be proactive and positive about this. Contact Catherine Miller the director of DoTD, Marlin Club last year or Frank LoPreste. There are many fine people and Captains in our industry!
Someone will step up and make this right.

Upvote 0

Andrewxxx

Aug 25, 2014
San Diego
Name
Andrew
Boat
1985--18.5 Holiday Center Console
My son won an overnight trip on the El Dorado through Point Loma Landing. They only had a few overnight trips so figured we could use it on a 1.5 day trip and pay the difference. Not so, the guy at Point Loma sad too bad you missed your chance, should have did one of the overnight trips. Huh? Great customer service, jerk! I know the raffles are for a good cause just wish I hadn't had this bad experience. I called the El Dorado and left message. Doubt I'll here from them in time.
Just wanted to vent!
Glenn

They should have offered up something in return. Are they that greedy they couldn't hook up one person with a trip. Greedy bastards.

Upvote 0

Andrewxxx

Aug 25, 2014
San Diego
Name
Andrew
Boat
Just who do you think the greedy bastard is ?
Just wanted to vent!
Glenn

Glenn
Tell us more of the story. Was the voucher expired or had certain dates or you weren't willing to settle for the trip that was offered.(overnight trip) They have plenty overnight trips coming up.

Upvote 0

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
this is classic example of why I stopped being involved with and running charity events: you give what you can then folks feel that they are entitled to more.

For those of you who have ever complained about todays' world - look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Wait, so I have a coupon for a regular hamburger but they won't accept it for a big mac? Who knew!

Reactions: Bigfishhateme
Upvote 0

PoolMan

7 'dines short of a full scoop
Nov 7, 2005
La Costa
Name
Chuck G
Boat
8' sabot #69
I would guess that the El Dorado is done for the tuna season in San Diego and might be heading back up to LA for the winter. I only see two more 3/4-days on their schedule, then they are gone. Since the El Dorado offered the trip they might honor it on one of their overnighters up there.

Upvote 0

Bigfishhateme

Semper Fi
Feb 7, 2013
Land , Air , and Sea
Name
Sigmund
Boat
"The Sea Monster"
"Figured we could use it on a 1.5 day trip and pay difference" ... Your son won a overnight trip , should of called landing and asked instead of "figuring" . So you think the landing employee is a "jerk" cause you was lazy to pick up a phone. So you want a cheeseburger with a hamburger coupon and pay 25 cent difference..hahaha

Upvote 0

Hookdown

Almost A Member
Oct 1, 2014
Compton
Name
Johnson
Boat
Mine
Sounds like some more research needs to be done before anyone gets dragged through the mud. The person at the landing just reiterated what the voucher was good for and (CYA) which a lot of folks do at work now days. I would not be surprised if the boat puts the kid on an upcoming trip along with a full fare adult. It's certainly worth the effort to inquire in a polite and courteous manner, looks like there are trips in Long Beach starting up pretty soon. It might not be the same trip as down south, but I'm sure the young man will still enjoy himself.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I would guess that the El Dorado is done for the tuna season in San Diego and might be heading back up to LA for the winter. I only see two more 3/4-days on their schedule, then they are gone. Since the El Dorado offered the trip they might honor it on one of their overnighters up there.
I have Won a few of these trips and most of the time they will up grade you if it is possible
I have Won 1/2 day passes out of Point Loma and they wouldn't let me up grade to 3/4 day
even with paying the difference because the boats that do these trips have different Owner
some time's things happen that they don't have control of .

Upvote 0

ckster

Oct 8, 2009
SD
Name
Chris
Boat
F/V Rubber Ducky
I've never had a problem with PLS. they are a world class operation and I have received nothing but respect and politeness from anyone and everyone in their office in person and on the phone.

Upvote 0

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
Ok guys, it expires 9/30/15 they had a couple overnight trips last month but mid week. I just could not get out off work. I thought the El Dorado would post more of the one day trips this month but they did not.

For those that do not understand my original post...when I said I would pay the difference...I meant to say I was willing to pay for the additional fee to up grade to a 1.5 day trip. So, if the 1 day is $200 and the 1.5 day is $350 then I would pay...wait for it ..."the difference" of $150. I was not expecting extra cheese on a cheeseburger for free or whatever you were trying to say.

I did not book at trip for this week. I called first and talked to Point Loma Landing. He put me on hold. Came back and said, "to bad you should have used it on the one day trip". I was polite he was not, that was the point. And use it or loose it on the raffle winning certificate.

I offered to pay extra, but the gift certificate has no cash value to it. It is for a one day trip on the El Dorado only out of Point Loma. I'm sure he just was doing as ordered.

I'm over it, lesson learned. Just feel bad for my son. But he understands.

I called the El Dorado and left a message. Not really expecting any thing.

Out

Last edited:
Reactions: boatless indago
Upvote 0

c-nut

Fishing addict
Mar 2, 2003
Murrieta, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
TBA
It's like at a restaurant when the menu says "Sorry, no substitutions". You must think you are Jack Nicholson :-)

LOL, I should have remembered this scene...thanks for the reminder and all disregard my last post. It's been a tough week!

Ok, now I'm over it!

Reactions: wils
Upvote 0

Andrewxxx

Aug 25, 2014
San Diego
Name
Andrew
Boat
Ok guys, it expires 9/30/15 they had a couple overnight trips last month but mid week. I just could not get out off work. I thought the El Dorado would post more of the one day trips this month but they did not.

For those that do not understand my original post...when I said I would pay the difference...I meant to say I was willing to pay for the additional fee to up grade to a 1.5 day trip. So, if the 1 day is $200 and the 1.5 day is $350 then I would pay...wait for it ..."the difference" of $150. I was not expecting extra cheese on a cheeseburger for free or whatever you were trying to say.

I did not book at trip for this week. I called first and talked to Point Loma Landing. He put me on hold. Came back and said, "to bad you should have used it on the one day trip". I was polite he was not, that was the point. And use it or loose it on the raffle winning certificate.

I offered to pay extra, but the gift certificate has no cash value to it. It is for a one day trip on the El Dorado only out of Point Loma. I'm sure he just was doing as ordered.

I'm over it, lesson learned. Just feel bad for my son. But he understands.

I called the El Dorado and left a message. Not really expecting any thing.

Out

Go to Long Beach unless it was only good for San Diego.
Long Beach has great fishing.
Voucher is still good until 9/30.

Trip Schedule
Departing Long Beach, CA - Long Beach Sportfishing
September, 2015
bug_null.png
Trip Information Departure Return Load Price Spots

Eldorado - 3/4 Day Ultra Limited Load
Mon. 9-28-2015
6:00 AM Mon. 9-28-2015
4:00 PM 40 $100 40
Join the ELDORADO on an "ULTRA LIMITED LOAD 3/4 DAY Trip. Boat departs at 6AM, heading for wherever the BITE is, returning before 4PM. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased online.

Eldorado - Overnight Limited Load
Mon. 9-28-2015
9:00 PM Tue. 9-29-2015
7:00 PM 35 $150 35
Join the ELDORADO on an "Overnight" Trip targeting "TUNA", "YELLOWTAIL", "DORADO", and more! Boat departs at 9PM, heading for wherever the BITE is, returning before 7PM the following evening. Tickets are $150 and can be purchased online.

Tue. 9-29-2015
9:00 PM Wed. 9-30-2015
Join the ELDORADO on an "Overnight" Trip targeting "TUNA", "YELLOWTAIL", "DORADO", and more! Boat departs at 9PM, heading for wherever the BITE is, returning before 7PM the following evening. Tickets are $150 and can be purchased online.

Wed. 9-30-2015
9:00 PM Thu. 10-1-2015

Reactions: Bigfishhateme
Upvote 0

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
  • Apr 24, 2005
    in the Hood
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Franks ho
    Go to Long Beach unless it was only good for San Diego.
    Long Beach has great fishing.
    Voucher is still good until 9/30.

Trip Schedule
    Departing Long Beach, CA - Long Beach Sportfishing
    September, 2015
    bug_null.png
    Trip Information Departure Return Load Price Spots

Eldorado - 3/4 Day Ultra Limited Load
    Mon. 9-28-2015
    6:00 AM Mon. 9-28-2015
    4:00 PM 40 $100 40
    Join the ELDORADO on an "ULTRA LIMITED LOAD 3/4 DAY Trip. Boat departs at 6AM, heading for wherever the BITE is, returning before 4PM. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased online.

Mon. 9-28-2015
    9:00 PM Tue. 9-29-2015

Tue. 9-29-2015
    9:00 PM Wed. 9-30-2015

Wed. 9-30-2015
    9:00 PM Thu. 10-1-2015
    Probly only covers Open Party trips.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Did your son give back the everlasting gob-stopper....he should have LOL

gottareadthesmallprintitsrightthereinblackandwhiteone1unoovernighttripperiod

Upvote 0

Latest posts