rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
can you give me some specs on performance, range, cruise stuff like that. R u between magnoilia and indianapolis est of that?
David, the boat holds 136 gals. I always cruise at 3,200 rpm which generally gives me a speed of 22 - 24 knots. At this speed I get just about 3.5 - 3.75 mpg. Do the math 3.6 avg mpg gives you a range of 489 miles. Wide open throttle is 3,900 rpm. I don't know what the top speed is or fuel burn rate is because Harold Davis said to run it at 3,200 and she will live longer than I will and whe I did run at WOT in short bursts I was generally hanging on and paying attention to other things. Just call if you need other specs, I don't mind talking about this boat.

Rusty

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
deal of the century!

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Marco, thanks for the very nice comments. I had no idea you lived around the area. He'll if I knew there was anyone who live near me and loved to fish, maybe I wouldn't be selling her. Unfortunately, I am not replacing herewith anything, the only reason why I am selling is I never have time to fish and when I do I can never seem to put together a crew. I bought this boat that I wanted for ever thinking my boys and I would make more time to fish. My boys have lost interest in fishing and I always seem to find an excuse not to go out. It makes me sad to see this fish killing machine just sitting in the driveway.

Roger, good to see you on the boards, I expect you had a good lobster season as usual. Maybe we should take this thing to Cat before it's gone. Give me a call.

Rusty

deptrai

Jun 19, 2006
Salem, OR
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2320 - Trojan Seahorse
I've been on the boat in Rusty's driveway and it is actually cleaner than the pics show. I can't believe you are selling it. Someone is going to get a great deal.

If my boat was that clean I guess I'd have to sell it too...wouldn't want to get it dirty.

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Dave, thanks for the nice comments. Well I guess by now you should have your cover completed, at least I hope so? The only reason why this is being sold is because I never seem to find time to fish and it is killing me seeing it in my driveway every day.

Jim, you can remove the tower, but it was not designed to be folded down. The tower height is 32 inches from the top of the pilot house and the height from the top of the tower to the ground is 13' 6". So it is just over 10' without. Hope that helps.

Thanks, rusty

Bubba

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 6, 2004
Pismo Beach
Name
Bubba
Boat
18' Trophy
Just wanted to say that this boat is absolutely gorgeous, your boat would of been long gone in a different economy. I've been by Harolds place, they put out nothing but the best.

rustman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Bump, She is screaming for someone to take her fishing and i have no time.