sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
I hope things run better than they did when they redid the Marina!Took way longer that originally planned.They just got new keys for the restrooms and could not afford to use the fabs they used in Shoreline marina and issued regular keys and because they did not get enough keys boat owners could only get 2 keys now and more in 60 days or so.Typical LB.JMHO,Tom

... and the only (badly needed) new restrooms are at basin 4 - the Long Beach Yacht Club.

Tugboat64

Sep 8, 2017
Fishing in the Closest Water
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Hey maybe we can get a grant to leave the bathrooms open for the year round fisherman who yes fish during the winter, and maybe while your at it, get trash cans in areas like the wash down so our 12$ to get in doesn’t feel like a waste

hbouldin1216

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 10, 2012
San Pedro, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
I have always wondered about the ramp caddy corner from davies. I know there is a pay station at the entrance and no one was ever there. does anyone on bd launch there?

just found out it opens at 8am.
Nowhere to tie up unless you beach the boat next to the ramp. I launched my tinny there all the time since the angle is less susceptible to big tides. On a big swing, that current at Davies definitely made things interesting for me.

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
Here is some info I read this AM from the Long Beach Parks, Recreation & Marine newsletter titled We Create Community. It's from the January edition.

" In 2019 Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine
(PRM) worked to support the equitable provision of
programs, services, facilities, parks and beaches.
Awards, Recognitions and Milestones PRM received a $300,000 Facility Planning Grant from the California Department of Boating and Waterways (DBAW) to design improvements for Davies
Launch Ramp."

300k is just a lil short of the 4.9 mil they were requesting in 2016.

The above probably explains the posting of the public hearing notice. Still looking for minutes from the hearing.

Reactions: One_Leg

Y Go Home

Wage Slave
Nov 1, 2005
Name
me
Boat
In regard to minutes from the public hearing, all I could find is that the actions (improvements) were approved, subject to conditions.

There wasn't a timeline/date given for the start or estimated completion of said actions. The specific conditions that the project is subject to weren't identified.

Last edited:

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
In regard to minutes from the public hearing, all I could find is that the actions (improvements) were approved, subject to conditions.

There wasn't a timeline/date given for the start or estimated completion of said actions. The specific conditions that the project is subjected to weren't identified.
Thank you for your comments. I'm looking also. I think Ill write the Harbor Master for info.