Dana to 209 DICKHEAD report

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by monster1, Aug 4, 2016.

1. rod luker

rod luker Newbie

Name:
    rod luker
    Boat:
    The Jiggs Up 26' blackman billfisher
    does anyone know the law as it applies to divers going into the water near fishermen
    i believe that boats are required to keep a certain distance from divers but shouldn't divers be required to keep away from fishermen

2. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    I don't see any reason for the shitty attitudes people have anymore. Too many people feel self entitled, and lack respect for others. I think it stems from parents too afraid to whip a kids ass when they act stupid.

Anyway, if I see you on a paddy I will call you on the radio, and wait for response, wave, or finger. If I see a dive flag, I keep on going.

I think most people here know how to act right, but there are a few that make me wonder.

If you are "that guy", get a good look at the boat in my avatar... *There's a possibility of a .44 mag onboard. Just in case of sharks, seals, pirates, or assholes. :D

*some people take a sense of humor way to seriously

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  3. PHISHINFUL

PHISHINFUL Wishin' I was fishin'

Name:
    CHRIS
    Boat:
    SOLD IT
    This is a very difficult situation to deal with if your the rod/reel guy. Douche bag jumps in on you and violates the "stay clear distance" rule that we all have to abide by.....I always want to chum, seal bomb, cast on, shoot or shit slick (best option) them but in the end I am trying to teach my kids how to be respectful and responsible anglers. So I end up explaining what was wrong with that situation and leaving....while I fume and foam at the mouth. The bottom line is that almost anything we do will cause more harm (or even death) and we therefore, would be liable and guilty. I don't like it...I wish an infestation of Mantis Shrimp would inhabit their groin area.....but it is what it is. Someday those divers will grow up and respect others.

Mr. Paul, you no doubt are the guy that waves us in when you have had your fun and I thank you for that. My kids thank you as well since their first YT came from this exact type of situation and they are as hardcore as any of us now.

Ok, back to my beer.......

get some, Mick, COSDoug and 3 others like this.
  4. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    Chris, you have a good and valid point. I might have sounded a little harsh in my previous post, and most likely would not resort to violence (but I'd be tempted). I know myself enough to realize I'd probably give them a very lengthy word of opinion though.

5. salty nuts

salty nuts Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat:
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    You need a atf license now for seal bombs and I personally think that's a little carried away. These guys Are Dicks but throwing seal bombs not sure about that one.

6. kjsdad619

kjsdad619 Newbie

Name:
    ryan
    Boat:
    Bayliner Trophy
    I say drop your shorts, get naked and dive in after them...might scare the fish but might also scare them away...your respectful, I'm respectful, and will call people in if we are on the fish because it's not my ocean it's OURS....but there are always a few D bags...

Kareem Korn likes this.
  7. J☀️ Sport Fishing

J☀️ Sport Fishing Newbie

Name:
    Jason T
    Boat:
    Bring It On
  8. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    So you weren't catching anything and you got all worked up over a diver going in to the point that after you got back in you posted about it on BD? I'm sure it as worth it.

9. Liv2 huntnFish

Liv2 huntnFish Trying to be the report instead of reading it!

Name:
    Chasi'n Tails
    Boat:
    2352WA Trophy
    I think your missing the point. It was the lack of respect on the part of the divers regardless of if he had caught anything.
    Ill make several drifts on a patty reset multiple times till I'm satisfied I'm not going to catch anything does that give the diver the right to jump in and show a lack of respect for me just because I was not catching anything?
    I would have done the same thing monster1 did, if people don't start calling out the Asshats maybe even posting pictures of them and there boat so other respectful fishermen know who to watch for then its only going to get worse.

10. Bur622

Bur622 Fin Addict

Name:
    Burkey
    Boat:
    25' Baja Terminator
    Cast your sharpest and heaviest Iron!

kjsdad619 likes this.
  11. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    Just pull the paddy into the boat, and invite them aboard for a beer.
    IMG_1103.JPG

12. mike82

mike82 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    a fish killing center console
    oh he didn't miss the point. he is simply being a dick like those divers. end of story.

GOFAST88, get some and kjsdad619 like this.
  13. oniedab

oniedab Fishing is there anything else?

Name:
    mike hagans
    Boat:
    28ft Grady White Sailfish
    Yes, they are rude and stupid, so I just pull in the lines and go on with having a great time on the water, I just refuse to let anything upset my one or two days a month I get on the water. Life is way to short to get irritated over stupid.
    Forrest Gump said it best! Stupid is what stupid be. Let it be.

14. John Argiso

John Argiso Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    john argiso
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler Conquest 26
    Wah,wah,wah! Was out two weeks ago with my r+r buddy and we see some breezing bluefin, the big dogs. Way behind them chasing, is a 50 or 60 foot sportfisher. We asess where they are headed and get to the spot with plenty of time to spare. UP goes the flag, I jump in and my buddy flylines a mackeral. As I swim towards the fish, the asshat driving the yacht hammers the throttle and races around the fish, flying in between me and them. I am in the water, with my gun in the air and a BRITE orange float, thinking this fckheads gonna run me down. My buddy starts pointing at me, screaming that there is a diver down and all this guy does is get CLOSER yelling "stay away from my fish". What a fricken retard. Needless to say I had a few choice words from the water and some other idiot in the boat starts challenging me. I told them if they get any closer I was gonna put a 3/8 shaft through the hull while my buddy filmed it with his phone yelling that the coasties would love this footage. They ran off like the little bitches they are! I do like to come on here and read about all the awesome fish being caught, but damn, can't you guys just man the fck up and get over it. After awhile it's pretty pathetic. And this is from a guy who after shooting a limit of 25-38 lb yellowtail at Farnsworth, gave two to a yacht that couldn't buy a bite and two more to a couple r+r guys that were drooling all over our catch at the dock!

get some likes this.
  15. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    Shoot a flare from the gun near the paddy/diver, That shit will get your attention.

16. titos334

titos334 VIP Elite Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Rainbow Surprise
    its offshore fishing. All the fair weather tuna jocks are out there clueless as can be because it's the only time of year they can catch fish and then back slap each other about how awesome they are. Just do whatever you feel like, it's what everyone is doing.

get some likes this.
  17. mullet

mullet Metal Fabricator

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    19"Gregor
    There's a boat running and gunning on moving fish and you jump in the water.Darwin comes to mind.

18. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    Two seasons ago, I came across a paddy....decent Dodo and YT bite. Not wide open, but my son and had put some fish in the bag. Another boat asks if he can join. Sure no worries. We both land a few more fish. another boat comes and fishes it. No worries. seemed to know what he was doing. then a fifth and sixth boat. I tell my son, this is pretty funny....the bite slowed, but boats were getting bit here and there. NO BS, at one point there were 13 boats on the paddy. One boat drifted so close to me I could have touched it with my gaff. A big 40'er. I kept my cool.
    Then a boat with divers come in. backs up to the paddy and jumps in with three divers. No one gets pissed. I just look at it and tell my son, those guys are nuts, a lot of iron being hucked out there. The divers would dive under the paddy, and the boats would drift alongside the paddy. The divers would come up and yell out...."FISH ARE at about 40-50 feet". "Decent size school of YT, and scattered DODO...about 30 yards off the paddy".....dive again....."Fish are 50-70 feet over that way". LOL

No one got pissed off, and everyone was cautious of the divers when tossing the jigs....it was comical, and shocking at the same time, that no one lost their cool. We fished it for about two hours, put maybe 10 fish on the boat....lost a few at gaff. Boat came and went.

To the OP...its to bad the divers went ape shit on you, but the best thing to do is either leave and find another paddy, or just ignore them, and work the paddy together, and be cautious of the divers location. No matter how much of a jerk a diver is, or another fisherman, it's not worth injuring them. To much to lose over a stupid fish, assets, money, freedom, life....over a fish? NOPE.

get some, Mick and monster1 like this.
  19. Tunahead

Tunahead Long Time Tuna Abused Member

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    several
    MAJOR: " What do you think about another paddy jacker in a week Gunny"???

GUNNY HIGHWAY: "I told you a week ago they were trouble and one stole my
    pickup! Hell Ocean's 11 in Oside is full of em, why drive all over the ocean??" LOL
    "Never let a guy in a Speedo nutsack with a wetsuit jack your paddy!!!"

GunnyHighway.jpg

20. KemoSabe

KemoSabe Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    No Worries
    Plenty of D-Bags out there and I am not surprised by anything that happens out there.. The remedy, I just throw a can of spotted dick at them.. Seems to make me feel better and they leave with something to eat :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016