clevel

Skipper
  • Jun 4, 2011
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Cabo Jack
    Boat
    Cobia 261
    I tried two days before full moon and two days before new moon: moon phase really does not matter! There are no tuna from Dana Pt. to 14 mile. Water offshore was 66.5 F and it was dirty. Drove by several acres of mini bait. Empty paddies, no bird activity, no dolphin, no life! Save yourself some gas and go somewhere else if you are going out tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
    North Orange County
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Striper 2300
    Thanks, I feel better about staying home today and have been wrestling with whether I made the right call.

Upvote 0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Oceanside
    Name
    Dsawyer
    Boat
    Formula 233 / Aquatrax Ski
    Going out of Oceanside tomorrow because it’s the only day I’m free....not liking this report.....what should I do????

Upvote 0

flytie

Oct 20, 2012
    Orange, CA USA
    Name
    GC
    Boat
    Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
    We were out yesterday and worked everything we could from Newport/HB out to mid channel. Lots of bait but no other signs of life. No dolphin, few birds and nothing more.

We had a full spread out and only had one short strike on cedar plug daisy chain that may have been a calico over a high spot.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    I tried two days before full moon and two days before new moon: moon phase really does not matter! There are no tuna from Dana Pt. to 14 mile. Water offshore was 66.5 F and it was dirty. Drove by several acres of mini bait. Empty paddies, no bird activity, no dolphin, no life! Save yourself some gas and go somewhere else if you are going out tomorrow.
    Truly appreciate the report, thank you!!!

Upvote 0
    P

Paddyman1

Going out of Oceanside tomorrow because it’s the only day I’m free....not liking this report.....what should I do????
    Looks like Catalina is providing quality YT in numbers today despite the windy forecast. That might be a good bet.

Upvote 0

E1 Toro

El Toro
    Jun 8, 2018
    SoCal
    Name
    El Toro
    Boat
    Striper 2100 WA, 150HO E-Tec G2

My Friday trip from DP-267-Slide was same. Now some YFT are biting on the slide on flylined mini-dines. Go figure.

Upvote 0