PENN

BajaMarcos

Aug 25, 2011
Costa Mesa- CA / Campo La Jolla B.C.
Name
Mark
Boat
18' Holiday WAC - 115 Optimax
Short Story:6 Yellowfin 18-20 lbs., 5 Yellowtail about 10 lbs. caught from 7 to 10 am -
Launched at DP Just after 6, bought nice deans at the bait barge.
The water turned clean blue about 3 miles out so we put the trolling lures out.
Purple jet head, broomtail zukini and a Cedar plug deep down the middle.
Circled wide around a pair of boats on a paddy and HOOKUP! At 7 am.
Bro Gary brings in the first yellowfin of the season on the Front Row!
Moved off a bit and circled wide around another boat on a paddy and got another on the cedar plug.
DP Tuna in the Kill Bag.jpg

We're only about 5m off the beach so we start trolling west toward the 267.
DOUBLE HOOKUP! 2 more yellowfin. Cedar Plug and Zuchini.
So after picking up 2 more YFT on the troll, we spot a paddy and bring in the trolling gear. Two deans in, 2 Yellowtails hooked!
There were hundreds of 'tails, not very big, maybe 10 lbs., so we kept a few and called it a day.
At 10 AM, only 7 miles from the beach!
It took awhile to clean & bag the catch, but we made it to back to the launch ramp by about 11:30.
142.jpg

We caught our tuna on topwater lures, but the guys on the Parker at the ramp used all Rapalas and did well. They even got a small BFT.

Upvote 0

No Respect

Smells Fishy
Jun 13, 2007
Huntington Beach
Name
Matt
Boat
17' Boston Whaler, No Respect
Short Story:6 Yellowfin 18-20 lbs., 5 Yellowtail about 10 lbs. caught from 7 to 10 am -
Moved off a bit and circled wide around another boat on a paddy and got another on the cedar plug.View attachment 528191
So after picking up 2 more YFT on the troll, we spot a paddy and bring in the trolling gear. Two deans in, 2 Yellowtails hooked!
There were hundreds of 'tails, not very big, maybe 10 lbs., so we kept a few and called it a day.
It took awhile to clean & bag the catch, but we made it to back to the launch ramp by about 11:30.View attachment 528194
We caught our tuna on topwater lures, but the guys on the Parker at the ramp used all Rapalas and did well. They even got a small BFT.

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
Great report I want to get my girls out there but can't till Sunday. Thanks for the report and info it's much appreciated

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Moved off a bit and circled wide around another boat on a paddy and got another on the cedar plug.View attachment 528191
It took awhile to clean & bag the catch, but we made it to back to the launch ramp by about 11:30.View attachment 528194

Fuck ya!

Upvote 0

Botch

Nov 5, 2010
Dana Point
Name
Botch
Boat
Dirty Sanchez
Thanks for posting. I've had my boat out of Dana for 29 years or so ad haven't had a lot of energy for the last 3 years because of surgeries and chemo so I appreciate the info. Docs just said my last round didn't work so I told them to FFF off and I'm going fishing. If anyone's out of Dana tomorrow I'll be on channel 72, call sign Cavedweller. could really use a little help

Upvote 0

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Wow, that close to the beach. Cheap fishing right there.

Congrats on the catching and thanks for the report.

Upvote 0

leocrazy

Sep 30, 2008
Temecula
Name
Ryan
Boat
None right now, sucks, got my kayak though.
Nice boat, who is the manufacturer? I used to have a 18ft center console, miss it.

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
i have a 18' 1984 westcoaster how does that 4hp kicker work for you? i want to get one but not sure on the hp and weight for mine. thanks and nice boat.

Upvote 0

SeaSully

Almost A Member
Jun 27, 2013
orange county, ca
Name
Casey
Boat
cool
I am launching tomorrow.. other than breaks in temp, eyeballing life and paddies did you have any numbers or areas that were more productive for yoU?

Upvote 0