scbassmaster

twin22s
Sep 8, 2006
san clemente
Name
Brian
Boat
"I'm in the market, as it were" - Jack Sparrow
Counts were low, red tide, so not too high of expectations, I caught 2 of the 5 short calico landed. Local guy fishing shrimp got a short sheepshead and that was it. No keepers on the trip and the jackpot money was refunded since no one won. First time I ever seen that. Anchovies fished on the bottom caught 4 bass and the other was on squid. Taking my son with me for free tomorrow afternoon so hopefully we do better than today...

Tar Pit

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Mar 7, 2006
    Reno NV
    Name
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat
    None.
    I never see any great reports from 1/2 trips out of Dana Point. I don't know why as they have great kelp beds with much smaller boat pressure than the landings to the west.

Reactions: Capt Devo
    Upvote 0

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    Mike_I
    Boat
    Cabo 216 First Love
    You must not have been around the area lately. Not much kelp and lots of small boats. Hopefully the kelp comes back with this cold water we're having.

I never see any great reports from 1/2 trips out of Dana Point. I don't know why as they have great kelp beds with much smaller boat pressure than the landings to the west.

Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    Totally dead 9 months out of the year but good during the rare El Nino

Last edited:
    Upvote 0