Dana Point BSB 12-18

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Had the boat down for the weekend to enjoy the parade. Decided to fish on the way back to HB. Took a buddy out, and my son came along to help get the boat home.

Fished from Capo Beach to The domes in varying depths. 35-100ft. Water was 62-63 and green.
980A75D0-C24D-4C1E-8690-A015CE1ED310.jpeg
3F5850E1-10A7-4FBA-B838-928C055B0515.jpeg

Handful of your typical locals. Macs, Bass, small halibut, and one BSB released. Swam off strong. Estimate 125lbs.

Calm conditions all day.

Back in the slip just after dark.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Congratulations Blackfish!

I caught one on #40 in 40' of water, same size, came right in. How did this one fight on what appears to be lighter line?

Hey Dave.

In the collection of cd's my Dad passed on to me was a video of You, Don Brockman, on Joe Bairians yacht. Video by Danny Jackson. "San Clemente Hot Spots". Numbers are listed both in Lowrance and GPS. Back then not many 18'ers where making the trek. Gotta think some of the numbers are of value.

Video for Sale. It is bootlegged.

Not intending on derailing your great thread Blackfish, however didn't want to PM Dave.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhanson59hb

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Delicious

Dave Hansen

Yoursaltwaterguide.com
Advertiser
May 26, 2007
Where ever fish need to be caught.
Name
Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
Boat
YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME

I caught one on #40 in 40' of water, same size, came right in. How did this one fight on what appears to be lighter line?

Hey Dave.

In the collection of cd's my Dad passed on to me was a video of You, Don Brockman, on Joe Bairians yacht. Video by Danny Jackson. "San Clemente Hot Spots". Numbers are listed both in Lowrance and GPS. Back then not many 18"ers where making the trek. Gotta think some of the numbers are of value.

Not intending on derailing your great thread Blackfish, however didn't want to PM Dave.
Not sure what's your question..

Dave Hansen

Yoursaltwaterguide.com
Advertiser
May 26, 2007
Where ever fish need to be caught.
Name
Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
Boat
YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME

Hey Dave.

In the collection of cd's my Dad passed on to me was a video of You, Don Brockman, on Joe Bairians yacht. Video by Danny Jackson. "San Clemente Hot Spots". Numbers are listed both in Lowrance and GPS. Back then not many 18"ers where making the trek. Gotta think some of the numbers are of value.

It was loran numbers.And we tried to convert them but Twenty five years ago it was not able..I reshot the whole thing if you go on my website you can see all the spots in GPS..But I thought you were not a fan..

P

Paddyman1

Looks like a nice day on the water, Mike. Great job on the release. Looks more like 200#

Reactions: Blackfish

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy

BSB was caught in 85 feet of water. 30# rig. Reverse dropper #2 hook, whole squid. Took two nice long runs. Took about 20 minutes to land.

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Did it shoot a massive blow hole of poop across your bow and hit your son in the face when it came to the surface. Just happen to my kid but did not take a pic as he was not happy and screaming that it tastes really bad.
Yes it did. But it didn’t hit my son. Lol.