Almost A Member
Mar 18, 2017
Dana Point, CA
Name
John Kim
Boat
n/a
Received this earlier today:

Greetings from Embarcadero at Dana Point!

Dana Point Harbor remains open for our boating community during these challenging times. However, it is so important that all users of the harbor continue to adhere to all State, County and Local guidelines. To remain open, it is essential to practice safe social distancing whether utilizing your boat, boater facilities and waterways. Safe social distancing means you stay at least six (6) feet away from others that do not live in your household. In other words, if you are not sheltering in place with someone, you should not be within 6’ of them.

Social distancing can be challenging, but it is essential! We ask that you please continue to do what needs to be done to ensure you are maintaining a safe social distance from others while visiting the harbor. Of course, please refrain from gathering on the docks.

Social distancing guidelines do not disappear once we get out on the water. You are still expected to maintain at least a 6’ distance from others while on your boat, docks, parking lots or enjoying the waterways and time on the bay. Raft ups, paddle groups, dinghy clusters, etc. are not acceptable behavior and could cause our harbor to be subject to additional restrictions.

We want to continue to be able to allow access to your boats, harbor and public waterways. We can only do this with your help. Please always practice social distancing while visiting the harbor. PLEASE!

We are here for you and happy to check on your boat if you are unable to leave your home or prefer not to. Please do not hesitate to email Dan at [email protected] or call the office to request a vessel check. Let us help by checking on your boat for you while you are sheltering in place… (949) 496-6177.

The office is open 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Sunday. We are here to assist but ask that you please wear a mask and maintain a six-foot distance while visiting the office. Of course, we can manage credit card payment transactions and general inquiries by phone. Please feel free to call in your May payment with a credit card or call with a question or to report a concern.

We continue to be vigilant with cleaning efforts. Restrooms are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and sanitized regularly. Restroom access handles are regularly wiped down and sanitized as are the combination lock, gate and trash receptacles.

When using restrooms, please observe the 6’ social distancing rule. Wait your turn to use sinks or urinals if necessary. Wash your hands using soap and clean up after yourself.

Weekly updates are emailed from me via Constant Contact. We hope you are receiving them as they contain important information related to the Embarcadero and harbor. If you have not been receiving updates, please add [email protected] to you safe sender or contact list….this should fix the problem.

We appreciate your cooperation as we all work to adjust during these challenging times. We look forward to better days ahead filled with friends, sunshine and happy harbor days! Until then…stay safe.

Sincerely
Kelly
Kelly Rinderknecht | General Manager
The Marina at Dana Point
34555 Casitas Place
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949) 496-6137 – Office
www.TheMarinaatDanaPoint.com

Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Is the day use boat parking situation still all jacked up in Dana. Last time I was there you could only get 20 boats in that parking lot and the lanes for those spots were less than ideal.

Reactions: the SLIDER
Upvote 0

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
dp
Name
chris
Boat
Amberjack
Is the day use boat parking situation still all jacked up in Dana. Last time I was there you could only get 20 boats in that parking lot and the lanes for those spots were less than ideal.
Same and don’t expect it to change.County would rather charge a small car 10$ to park for 2 hours than a boat and trailor all day. There Opening all the private boat parking to paid parking also

Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Same and don’t expect it to change.County would rather charge a small car 10$ to park for 2 hours than a boat and trailor all day. There Opening all the private boat parking to paid parking also
Thank you, I’ll pass on that shit show.

Upvote 0

Noah & Scoot

Wishin I Was Fishin
  • Dec 15, 2008
    Menifee
    Name
    Scoot
    Boat
    18’ CC Baja
    Fished it today! No shit show, real bad red tide ! Bounced around south, only clean water is outside. Looked for rocks outside San O, clean water outside, 120’-200’ No fish

Reactions: mark johnsen
    Upvote 0

fishingfrank

Jun 26, 2006
    Anaheim
    Name
    Frank Gagliano
    Boat
    24 Skipjack
    Fished it today! No shit show, real bad red tide ! Bounced around south, only clean water is outside. Looked for rocks outside San O, clean water outside, 120’-200’ No fish
    Thanks for the report, was headed there tomorrow to bounce around San Clemente pier but with the red tide it doesn't sound promising.

Upvote 0

mark johnsen

Ichthus
    Aug 1, 2015
    redlands
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Blue J
    Upvote 0

invictus

AVD
    May 26, 2006
    Orange County
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Tiara 2000 Cuddy
    The temporary parking is a real issue and lot is full early, and with the warm weather and everyone using it as a beach lot, because State and Doho lots are closed, plus all the other parking shut out, I wouldn’t be trekking to DP to launch.

Upvote 0

dploc

Jul 14, 2007
    dp
    Name
    chris
    Boat
    Amberjack
    Unfortunately for all the local boaters that store there boats at home and launch for day (along with visiting boaters) I’m pretty sure the parking is not temperary. The county doesn’t care about how many boaters can launch there boats and park for the day or even overnight. They can and have cut the lot in at least half and I don’t think they intend on changing it back. They can get 2-4x the money per parking size for day use harbor parking and those people are probably spending a lot more money in harbor than the average boater . The washdown area is a joke from the looks of it. As I’m sure they didn’t want to keep it along the harbor parking. They don’t really have the sharpest tools in the shed running the setup and new layout clearly. I’ve never really used the lot for day parking but had boats in dry dock for years and in docks the last 15 years. They have decided to open up all the private gates designated for slip renters to paid public parking. At most times there is extra ample parking in those areas, but to make people paying a lot money for slips fight to park on a busy weekend is bullshit. They have been trying to push out the small boaters for years. It’s not gonna change now.

Upvote 0