Dana Lobster report 10-24 10-25

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by BuonaForTuna, Oct 25, 2010.

1. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
    Went hooping with a good crew of guys Ryan (pullinahi), Art (nohoart) and Geordythebass. We started out the day early trying to make a few extra pieces of bait right out side the break wall near the buoys and boy was the bait there plentiful birds were crashing everywhere, it was the scene of what i have dreamed of an offshore trip looking like. Got our bait and headed back to pick up Ryan so we could start our set planning. We decided we would drop a few sets away from the rest of the hoop piles near the break wall and try our luck closer to some structure we found just outside the beach in about 30' of water or so, we got a couple of small ones in the first set but nothing worth getting excited about and as we traveled towards the end of our set they were starting to look like crawdads instead of lobsters LOL, last hoop in the string made us change locations when we picked up a nice sack full of eels, big suckers too ugly as shit and pissed off. The fog rolled in pretty fast and brought some nice sprinkles with it. We saw no one was at the wall at all honestly there was maybe 2 or 3 other boats working the area and im sure the weather was alot of the reasons for that, we dropped a few more in and started seeing growth getting nice consistency in some spots but still of 50 or more bugs we got only 2 were keepers. Crawl started up around 7pm shut down completely at around 12am, but never the less it was a great day on the water with a good bunch of guys, lots of food shit talking and beautiful glassy waters to enjoy. Thanks to the crew for making yesterday fun and enjoyable. Good luck to those going out there.

2. HBfisherman

HBfisherman H2

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Shamrock CC
    Nice report! But how did you split the bounty? Curiosity kills!

3. el capo

el capo Member

Name:
    miguel
    Boat:
    none
    I see your boat in the harbor and wonder some times what in the fuck it is doing way down here.

4. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL no home for it. You know you are more then welcome to the keys anytime. I ran into Mras down there yesterday he was out breaking records it was nice to see him and hear of your guys success with in the club. Way to go.

5. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL easy he who pays the most gets the tail in the end. It was an easy decision. Next time hopefully we all end up with something more to show for our efforts. It was so smooth working with the guys i had on board that it didnt matter who got what. These guys were working fast all i had to do was steer us tight between hoops and make sure to keep off other peoples shit and they did the hooking and pulling.

6. NoHo ART

NoHo ART Newbie

Name:
    ART
    Boat:
    Ha!
    the last time my arms where this sore i was 14 yrs old and alone at home lol :rofl:
    it was a lot of fun talking smack and pulling hoops with you guys.. cant wait to do it again
    jesse thanks for having us on your boat bro

7. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL yea it was fun and interesting to say the least. But honestly like ive mentioned more then once its always best when you work with people that know what the fuck they are doing and are all in synch with one another thats so important and thats why it worked out so well.

8. PullinAhi

PullinAhi Fisherman

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    18 foot CC
    That was a fun night. It's So easy when you have a system down with people who know what they are doing. Good times. I'm down to go again when you guys are! Thanks for driving Jesse. It would have been crowded on my skiff. The coffee and pizza hit the spot!

9. PullinAhi

PullinAhi Fisherman

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    18 foot CC
    And your little buddies arms are probably that sore on a daily basis...:rofl:

10. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL are you saying his right forearm is bigger then his left for other reasons then pulling hoops?

11. fisherman from

fisherman from LONG BEACH

Name:
    johnny
    Boat:
    1975 monark and caddis navigator 2
    ive met these guys noho and gbass,when i was at castaic with uncle bob..they had this thing going with the unibutter.lol.nice report thanks

12. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LMAO thats funny cause when we were making bait i asked if they had unibutter to put on a lure and Geordy says with a sad sigh; I think im pretty much out.

13. the Goodlife

the Goodlife SMILE!!!!! YOUR NOT DEAD!

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    14 & 20' Bayliner, Thee Goodlife & Captin Morgan
    Dude>>> you Guy's Are Freakin Funny!!! :rofl:Regaurdless What The Catch Is It's Always A Great time With Cool Pepole And :hali_olutta:... If I was'nt So Far Away Down In The SD I Would Try An Hook Up With You Guy's One Day/night... good luck, Be Safe Fellas!!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

14. fisherman from

fisherman from LONG BEACH

Name:
    johnny
    Boat:
    1975 monark and caddis navigator 2
    they had a special name for it(unibuttbutter) idk you'll have to ask them.....:rofl::rofl:

15. PullinAhi

PullinAhi Fisherman

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    18 foot CC
    And when we were cleaning the boat we he was checking out his arms. I think he needs to switch hit for a few months..... Even them out a little. :rofl:

16. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL I asked him did you get rope burn and he looked at me funny and then looked at his hands and said no why i said cause your right palm is pretty hairy.

17. Geordybass

Geordybass Newbie

Name:
    Geordy
    Boat:
    17' Center Console 115hp
    Hahahaha Badass trip badass crew! It was nice Meeting you Jesse and Ryan! That shit was fun pulling up those lil fuckers and throwing em back... Wish we had more legals but the hunt was worth it anyhow. We'll definitely do this again!

It was dope meeting you guys... and after this post im out to even my left forear... uhhh I meant ummm ummm internet checkers?

18. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL we have to do alot of drops and pickups for that too happen.

19. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL you should have seen the comedy on the boat. No beer to get this bunch talking shit lol.

20. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    LOL he had a piece of masking tape on it with black sharpie letters that read LUBE written across it.