Dana Landing Report Thur 6/15/17

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by lougio, Jun 15, 2017.

1. lougio

lougio Capt Lou

Name:
    Lou
    Boat:
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    I wasn't out on the water but I went over to Dana Landing while waiting for my son to get out of Water Sports Camp. There was a Parker 2120 that was just pulled out of the water with a couple of guys milling around talking when I walked up and asked how they did. I saw one guy in the boat putting away a speargun and he said they got a couple nice sized BFT. I looked in and sure enough they had shot a couple nice ones. One was around 150#. They said they saw some puddling fish, jumped in and shot a couple of breezers. Said it took maybe 20 minutes to bring them in. Asked if they were at the 182 and he wasn't very forthcoming and just said south of there. Nice fish, real nice fish!

I went in the shop and looked around a bit then went back outside and saw two Game Wardens patrolling the ramp. A CC had just come out of the water and one of the wardens was asking questions and looking in coolers, then hopped in the guys boat to take a look around. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood. After the wardens walked away I talked to the boat owner a little bit. They were asking for licenses and checking for fish. The boat owner said he came down from L.A. and they fished the 302 area. Saw lots of fish but couldn't get them to bite. Poppers, flatfalls and bait but no takers.

Just thought I'd post the info.

2. NonProphet

NonProphet Member

Name:
    Evan
    Boat:
    Keywest 2300 SS
    Thanks for sharing man! Fine investigative work ;)

Makes me feel like learning to spearfish after hearing this and seeing that Instagram post with the guys wearing the tuna heads ask masks. Bastards!

Ryansd84, lougio and MorePower like this.
  3. DC61

DC61 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Paul L.
    Boat:
    33’ Blackfin
    Hmmmm, wonder why the guys were not forthcoming with information.

Carl, Zika and plj46 like this.
  4. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    Two dfg trucks posted up at Dana launch ramp both days I went by. Closure of shelter island ramp has made their job easy.

rhamilton210 and lougio like this.
  5. Azarkon

Azarkon I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    N/A
    Been a very slow bite, spear guys probably having a field day by comparison as the fish are there just not biting.

6. gved823

gved823 Member

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    Sold
    Now that is a great report. I would like to see that kind every weekend. Maybe BD can make you a regular reporter? Very cool

lougio likes this.
  7. jake luz

jake luz Newbie

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    15ft 1982 Glass Arrow/ The Prowler
    Took my skiff out for a bay cruise with some friends yesterday, DFG stops us when we're taking the boat out of the water and we inform them we weren't fishing today and didn't even have any rods on board, they proceed to check the boat out and said they saw our rod holders in the binocularsLOL

rick rouland likes this.