Daiwa SK jig reccomendations

Derrick.Van

Mar 26, 2019
Los Angeles
Name
Derrick Van
Boat
Don't got one
Jigs selection looks good! If you're using swivels, tie your leader directly to the swivel.

Remember, time at the rail is the most important thing. Work your arms off!

If you are so inclined, might want to get yourself a heavier jig or two... 400-500g-ish for the night action. If there's a lot of wind and/or current and nobody else is using the heavies, it could be the ace up your sleeve needed to get bit.
I'll see what I can find. I'm planning on capitalizing all my time available so atleast I said I gave it my all lol

Upvote 0

Derrick.Van

Mar 26, 2019
Los Angeles
Name
Derrick Van
Boat
Don't got one
Some jigs fish better on the fall, some better on the retrieve. Hard to know what they want unless you have it all. Everyday, the bite changes so buying everything available and hoping for the best is all we can do. Upgrade hooks on every jig you buy.
Does is the sk jigs any good when it's in the 100g to 150g range? My local tackle shop had plenty in that range but I assumed it was too small

Upvote 0

Pitchinwedge

• Aug 7, 2016
    So Cal
    Name
    Sammie
    Boat
    None
    I would think you could just use them like a Coltsniper. But being too light is the biggest problem you're gonna have with the small jigs. Heavy leader, wind, and current = no good with light lures. JMHO.

Upvote 0

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    Does is the sk jigs any good when it's in the 100g to 150g range? My local tackle shop had plenty in that range but I assumed it was too small
    I have the 110 and 140g sk jigs. Only problem with them is you can't use leader over 60lbs or there is barely any action. I tried it the first time with 130lb and the jig pretty much just falls straight down with hardly any movement.

Reactions: PennDaiwaShimano

lazyfisherman

• Nov 28, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Bobby
    Boat
    Cattle Boats
    Depends on where the tuna are. Deeper fish require heavier jigs. I have more luck on the 200+ gram jigs. If they're higher in the water column coming up for the chum, they'll bite lighter jigs. If I were going out, I'd want 1 rod for jigs, 1 rod for sinker rig, and a couple flyline rigs, 40 and 30lb leaders. You can use the flyline rods to also fish lighter jigs.

Upvote 0