Daiwa Lexa 400 w/ Tiburon clamp not fitting on a Phenix 909

Nicky858

Jul 16, 2015
Name
Nicky
Boat
None
Hi guys! I decided to try to mount my Lexa 400 HD on my Phenix 909 as a switch up in rods. With the deckhand wrap being a little bigger in diameter than the Terez 80H I had it originally mounted on, the Tiburon screws for the Lexa are too short, thus I can't screw the the Lexa clamp on. Is there any solution to this besides somehow finding longer screws with the same thread size and spacing?

Thanks!
Nicky

Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
geometrically speaking, no there isn't. just get longer screws or switch to a compatible rod homie or file the shit down and compromise blank for mounting.

Upvote 0

Cubanaso

Pezcador
Aug 12, 2014
Name
Andrew
Boat
river sled
Hi guys! I decided to try to mount my Lexa 400 HD on my Phenix 909 as a switch up in rods. With the deckhand wrap being a little bigger in diameter than the Terez 80H I had it originally mounted on, the Tiburon screws for the Lexa are too short, thus I can't screw the the Lexa clamp on. Is there any solution to this besides somehow finding longer screws with the same thread size and spacing?

Thanks!
Nicky

The tiburon kit comes with a set of long screws also, I haven't found a blank they didn't fit but I havent tried the one you mentioned.

I've had similar problems before with other reels.

I went to the Ace in San Diego down the street from the landings and picked out stainless screws that fit the reel seat/kit and bought the length of screw that fit the blank width.

Reactions: mikerome98
Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks

Thanks!
Nicky

I had this same problem before. You can find longer screws at Home Depot. Just bring in the Tiburon screws and the staff there will help you find the same size in longer version. Make sure they're stainless steel.

Upvote 0

parkermann2

Feb 28, 2012
Chino/Ca
Name
Parker Manning
Boat
N/A
If you go somewhere to buy them bring the clamp and make sure the screws you buy screw in. Also definitely get stainless. The zinc played ones with rust fast

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Go to Marshall's Hardware on Miramar Rd and get some stainless ones

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0