Anders1

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2008
Oregon
Name
Ron
Boat
16 " Duckworth
Anybody have "FK" Jigs and been successful with them?

We all know the "SK" is a killer if you can find them, wondering if the FK has been used successfully? How do they fish, how do they fall?

I have a great relationship with my local tackle shop, and they are asking me for suggestions for Daiwa jigs (and other things) to stock.

They look more like a speed jig, not like a "flat fall" style jig from the pictures, I'd be happy to get a handful in my bag and try them.

Reactions: pacificscout
Apr 10, 2019
San Pedro, CA
Name
Chris
Boat
La Reina
I was on a bft trip, flat falling at night. The guy next to me got a nice blue fin.He said his jig was an SK, but on closer inspection I saw that it was an FK. It worked!

Upvote 0

Anders1

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2008
Oregon
Name
Ron
Boat
16 " Duckworth
I got a few. I think they have promise as a speed jig, fished similarly as the Shimano Flat Side. I'll be testing them on my local albacore before a San Diego Pacific Queen trip late October. See if they earn a spot in my tackle bag on the boat.

Upvote 0

shooter21

Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
They work seen quite a few bft caught. It will take awhile to see if they are as good as the SK's but it has promise!

Reactions: Anders1
Anders1
Anders1
They certainly not as commonly seen in the tackle shops as the SK, hard to make comparisons. We'll see.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Jiggermeister

May 27, 2012
San Diego
Name
David
Boat
None
I got a few. I think they have promise as a speed jig, fished similarly as the Shimano Flat Side. I'll be testing them on my local albacore before a San Diego Pacific Queen trip late October. See if they earn a spot in my tackle bag on the boat.
Haven’t been able to fish them, but the glow is the strongest of any of the jigs, Shimano super glow (white), flat fall glow/chartreuse, daiwa SK, Mustad dagger man, all of it.

Upvote 0

Anders1

Almost A Member
Jul 31, 2008
Oregon
Name
Ron
Boat
16 " Duckworth
Feedback after use: So I've tried them a few times on an active bite of albacore, where I KNOW albacore are under the boat eating our chum and where I have just landed multiple fish on another speed. No bites, no luck. Every lure is different and needs to be fished right to get bit. Maybe it's me. I'll give it a few more tries, otherwise it won't earn a spot in the jig bag.

Reactions: JamesZ
Upvote 0