the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Overall, it was a slow day. Gusty offshore winds till about 9:00 am, Water temp 58-59 degrees. No current. Water slightly off color.

Tried to find Mackerel for some Halibut drifts, no luck. First time and a long time, unable to find any. So I resorted to just fishing around the harbor for a couple of Calicos. I did see the epic carnage that luckyjohn was talking about right outside the harbor over the pipe. Birds and dolphin crashing a hundred yard area. Quite spectacular.

Bolan is doing really good out there now. She even dragged me to the launching dock by her leash. I used to have to drag her. No puking, no whining. She ate a whole mackerel (the only one I caught) while I was messing around with other stuff. I looked forward to make sure she was still on board and there was only the tail left. Gross.

I found this video that was a pretty good intro for socal rock fishing.

Looking forward to getting out there again during the Christmas break.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Hey, as long as Bolan does not eat your prize halibut or yellowtail, it's all good!

Upvote 0

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
    LA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    None
    She's got her sea legs now. Awesome!

It took me about 5 trips chumming on the 1/2 days to get mine. I was having so much fun I kept going back for more.

Reactions: the SLIDER
    Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    She's got her sea legs now. Awesome!

It took me about 5 trips chumming on the 1/2 days to get mine. I was having so much fun I kept going back for more.

Sooo happy about her getting her sea legs. Now I don't have to feel guilty about leaving her home.

Funny how that happens to some people. I guess the good time out-weighs the bad. My buddy took years before he got his sea legs. He was a boat owner/fisherman for years. I'd still see him puke on our overnight trips when it got rough. Still fished and got a lot of JPs. Best rod wrapper/fisherman I know.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tom123
    Upvote 0