Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
I installed those windlasses on both of my Skipjacks. They are nice, but expensive and installation is also expensive even if you do it yourself.

...but on my Arima, I learned to use the “red buoy” to raise the anchor and chain. Cheap, no installation, and works great!

The guys fishing in the PNW and on the Columbia River use them. There are threads on Arimaowners that detail how to use them. The way they rig it, you don’t even need to access the bow. All can be done from the cockpit.

I am 70 and a weakling pussy....pulling the anchor solo is no problem for me with the “red buoy”.

3337DC43-9584-4198-884A-597478D36C75.jpeg

Upvote 0

Cody B

Almost A Member
Feb 21, 2018
So Cal
Name
Cody
Boat
NA
Judson, Rebar engineers,Fontana,Century to name a few,Got my permit in 1980 with Judson steel working on Warner towars off the 101 freeway in the valley, I don’t know if the name Todd Bowen rings a bell he’s a foreman around town lately and also Greg Koenig is my brother-in-law
Small world, I am a union plumber and i dated Greg's daughter back in my early 20's.

Reactions: RodRage
Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Now you need Hawaiian style outriggers, downriggers.... side scan.... just gettin' started!!!!

Your CC boat is meticulously rigged.

the SLIDER came with the Cannon electric downriggers I've yet to try. Now has a Garmin with side view. Outriggers on a 19' boat, maybe not.

I like the idea of the Windlass except I will still have to manage the line on top of the cuddy. Not really a solo thing to do. I think I'll start with the buoy/ring and hopefully not run over my anchor line. That I can do solo; as I drift aimlessly after spooling up the prop with anchor line.
:puff:

RodRage; Muddy gave me one of these shirts in the 90's. Wore the shit out of it.
1612918_9f48ca94c5f3adf94ede6fba4b69f0fc.jpeg

Looks like you got a "fresh one"

Last edited:
Reactions: Zika and Steveo77
Upvote 0