the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat Name
arima - the SLIDER
It was one of those days when it may have been better to stay on land. But I didn’t

Just had the boat motor serviced by Advanced Marine so needed to get out and make sure all was good before venturing over to Cat soon. Dave and Derek do great work. Been going there for over 30 years, even when it was Boss Marine. Boat ran great.

Woke up at 5am and tuned into Surfline.com to see the wind was out of the West at 6 mph at Salt Creek. Waited to light to see a little ripple on the water on the online cam. Not bad, so I went.

While walking through the launch packing lot, Bolan yanked me over to the concrete island and first gobbled down a half burrito in .25 seconds then clamped down on a container of red salsa to finish the meal. Elapsed time 1 second. Just great! She is such a pig.

Wasn’t too windy when we finally made it out at 7:30am. Went to a rockfish spot to start the day. Pulled 7 total Vermillion, all were descended except for 2-12”ers. Water was 59 degrees and clear – 280 feet of water. Murky inside. Within an hour the West wind started. Bolan was whining a little more than usual, so I took a moment to give her some attention. That’s when I see a little gouge under her dark eye. Looked just like a hook drag. Glad whatever it was missed her eyeball.

P1030115.JPG

I really watch my hooks while on the boat. Make sure they are not baited when not in use, wrap micro towels around poles with jigs on them. Not even sure if it happened on the boat. Hell, she goes out in the dark every morning when I get up and stays out there for 5-10 minutes. There are Rabbits, Squirrels and Gophers out there. She might have tried to eat one of those.

By 8:30am I could hear the wind through the fishing poles on deck. That means wind is over 10 mph. Went inside to fish some lead heads in 50 ft of water. 1 oz couldn’t even get contact with the bottom. So, at 9:30 am called it a day.

P1030119.JPG

“worst day fishing is better than the best day at work”.

Not sure about today. I had work to do.

Got Taco's! Next time . . . “psuh”

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021
San Dimas
Name
Bill
Boat Name
Yes
Was it your burrito ? If not, are you sure it was a burrito ?
Bill Murray once thought something was a Snickers.

Reactions: the SLIDER
the SLIDER
the SLIDER
It was in a fast food, box bottom. Half burrito, no wrapping, 4 cups of red salsa. My arm was at my side with the leash, she charged it, arm went straight out, and a yank of about a foot. One gulp on the burrito, one bite into the covered salsa, which burst into her mouth and salsa everwhere.

:rofl:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat Name
None
Had a buddy whose dog ate a small baited treble hook ..decided to try something I'd heard about before the vet and $$$$$ for surgery..
Took a large cotton ball and wrapped ground beef around it...fed it to his dog and waited about a half hour..poured a 1/4 cup of peroxide down the dogs throat which is how vets make your dog empty their stomach..
10 minutes later everything came out..the beef,and the cotton ball with the hook buried in it and the strip of squid attached to it..
We did backflips..
Hopefully this info will save someone else's dog and owners misery and bank account..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat Name
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Had a buddy whose dog ate a small baited treble hook ..decided to try something I'd heard about before the vet and $$$$$ for surgery..
Took a large cotton ball and wrapped ground beef around it...fed it to his dog and waited about a half hour..poured a 1/4 cup of peroxide down the dogs throat which is how vets make your dog empty their stomach..
10 minutes later everything came out..the beef,and the cotton ball with the hook buried in it and the strip of squid attached to it..
We did backflips..
Hopefully this info will save someone else's dog and owners misery and bank account..
Damn good info right there. I will make sure I can do everything possible to make sure my dog never eats a hook.

Upvote 0