JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
Question for you custom builders, I want to have a rod built, it's either going to be a RUS Monster, Or UC Terminator I haven't finalized that decision yet, But because, I don't want to spend a bunch on shipping for an 8 foot rod I'd like to have a couple inches cut off the butt.. ..
..........Will I even notice the difference???.........
Also maybe some of you could help finalize my choice? This rod will be for a designated 40 that can also fish 30 bait and also handle an occasional 60-70lb class if they are in the mix, anything bigger I'll turn to my Predator. If you have one of these blanks and want to do a build,"I don't need a big fancy gun on this one" although I really do appreciate the work some of you do!! Reel seat preferred, but I do need to pair it with the new Penn trq15xnld2 ...and they are very narrow.
PM Me for build and discuss .......Thanks

Last edited:

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Johnny, where are you at that you need shipping?

Either way, have you pulled on those blanks in person? They are pretty stiff in my opinion for what you want, but I see others like them a lot.

BTW, I think you accidentally posted this on the Tutorials section rather than the regular Rod Building section where you would probably get better feedback.

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
Thanks I'm in Reno, ya originally I was going to go with a ce monster but thought it might be a bit more parabolic for my liking, then the terminator came into the mix, I do like my calstars but the reel seats are to big for the Trq15xnld. Also thanks for the heads up on the posting area

SouthBayKiller

Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
No worries, Im pretty sure there are some really good builders not to far from you too, who post their work on the rod building section frequently. Good luck!

whammy

Hook Up!
Dec 18, 2005
Huntington Beach
Name
Chris
Boat
2200 XL Pathfinder
I have the US Terminator and its stiff for 30, its even pretty heavy for 40. Check out the 76 Tilefish JR, can definitely do 30-40.

shooter21

Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
You can ship 8' rods in a card board sleeve at usps. There max is 108" so an 8' rod is 96" plus sleeve is 3"x 3" 96+6=103" all day long for 11-13 bucks

cow man

Tuna addict
Aug 29, 2012
Glide Or. 97443
Name
Jake Waardenburg
Boat
N/A
You can ship 8' rods in a card board sleeve at usps. There max is 108" so an 8' rod is 96" plus sleeve is 3"x 3" 96+6=103" all day long for 11-13 bucks
Certainly no my experience with usps , maybe each town /office is different mine won’t handle even 8 footers, wish they would!!
Forced to ship UPS ..

shooter21

Aug 30, 2014
Bakersfield
Name
Shane
Boat
Someday
Wow it says right on their website 108" total, all the ones in Bakersfield accept them. Sometimes it takes them a minute and i have to help them with the measurements, because the system says they are to big.