Custom Rods gettin that work DONE!!!

American Tackle

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 22, 2020
Last week I was the kick-off to the 2021 Major League Fishing Toyota Series Southern Division on Lake Toho in Kissimmee, FL. Working as a professional in the trade and continuing my fishing career has always been my dream, and through American Tackle I have been able to achieve just that. Not only am I privileged enough to work for a company dedicated to making the best rod components in the industry, but American Tackle truly optimizes the saying "Designed by anglers, for anglers".

After the dust settled, I scored a Top-5 finish in the tournament, a very exciting way to start the year, and even better doing so for the first time using custom rods and tackle I made myself.

View attachment 1255488

I am still new into rod building, so each new custom I design and build I am learning along the way. From being able to mix the perfect amount of ProPaste epoxy, to finding more tricks to getting the MicroWave Guide System lined up perfectly, and recently even getting into decorative chevron thread wrapping; custom rod building has truly improved myself in the industry and on the water. But without my awesome colleagues it wouldn't have been possible.
View attachment 1255489View attachment 1255490

Without question, knowing the experiences I started from to where I am now; American Tackle truly has a great system for helping anyone become a rod builder and providing quality components in the business to help anglers catch more fix and have better tools to do so. Fishing is like anything else, success relies heavily on the tools someone is using to get the job done. Although my first tournament of the year did not result in a win like I had hoped, a Top-5 is something I will always take and great momentum into the rest of the season.

Here is the rod recipes I used during the tournament on Lake Toho:

1.) Chatterbait Rod:
  • Bushido CB72/12-25 blank
  • G2 Carbon Handles
  • CCT Razor ULH Reel Seat
  • MicroWave Nanolite Casting Guides
2.) Texas Rigged Senko Style Rod (used an American Tackle Stick Figure during the tournament):
  • Bushido 78/10-20 blank
  • American Tackle Cork Handle & Fighting Butt
  • CCT Razor ULH Reel Seat
  • Microwave Duralite Casting Guides
View attachment 1255493

Trophies are starting to be a normal occurrence around American Tackle. A true testament to the time and dedication everyone puts in.
View attachment 1255491

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Top 5 is nothing to sneeze at, nice work hotshot!

Rod's look sick!

Reactions: American Tackle
Upvote 0