mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
Hey guys, here's a handy recent upgrade to my boat. As Trophy 2002 owners can attest, a good roller would help and a sturdy mooring bit would make for more peaceful rest while at anchor. (A single chrome plated zinc cleat with fender washer backing is all you get from the factory).

So, I started with a new all SS anchor roller which I bought at the Balboa Island "All Island Garage Sale" and an all SS commercial mooring bit from Minney's in Newport. Both lucky finds!

With those pieces of hardware and the boat hull itself, I took the geometry & dimensions and modeled it up in a 3 engineering design program. Armed with the design, I fabbed the core from marine plywood, bonded with bondo filler and shaped it with surfboard shaping tools (power pad & angle grinder). Then I laminated the core with ISO resin and several layers of 2130 stitch mat for a bulletproof and waterproof 100% sandwich laminate construction. After sanding, I applied two layers of wet sanded gelcoat.

Installation included SS thru-bolts, aerospace nylock nuts & fender washers and a full-size load spreader backing plate under the foredeck above the anchor locker. All that was sealed with 3M 5200 for a clean, watertight install.

Let me know if you like it. Thanks for lookin!

Sequence pic from Instagram...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
laguna niguel
Name
Bob
Boat
Henriques 28 Express
Nice. It will look even bette with a claw hanging under it.