Kevin Y

Riviera 37 flybridge
May 19, 2019
Long Beach/ La Habra heights
Name
Kevin
Boat
Riviera 37 Flybridge
Hi guys, anyone familiar with analog gauages to digital conversion? I got a VDO oceanlink 7 inch. it has a built in converter with one wire for each sender input.
I guess its the similar to Actisense? but behind my gauges (oil pressure, temp, tach...) there are quite a few wires coming out of each gauge. not sure which one to connect. Please PM me if anyone is able to help out . thanks.

Upvote 0

Kevin Y

Riviera 37 flybridge
May 19, 2019
Name
Kevin
Boat
Riviera 37 Flybridge
24B762C8-AAF8-453F-BC85-91B7D44057D3.jpeg

Upvote 0

MYNomad

Heading South
Dec 12, 2007
Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
Name
Rick
Boat
Yes
Perhaps your gauges are fully analog, but my cummins analog gauges are actually digital (only the display is analog). The data from the engine is not NMEA2000 -- instead it is J1939. You will need a converter -- Maretron makes one and probably Actisense does too.

Upvote 0

Kevin Y

Riviera 37 flybridge
May 19, 2019
Name
Kevin
Boat
Riviera 37 Flybridge
Perhaps your gauges are fully analog, but my cummins analog gauges are actually digital (only the display is analog). The data from the engine is not NMEA2000 -- instead it is J1939. You will need a converter -- Maretron makes one and probably Actisense does too.
Yes they are fully analog. The vdo oceanlink will convert them into digital. Just not sure where to wire the sender wire

Upvote 0

oceanjake

May 10, 2005
Long Beach
Name
Jake
Boat
36’ Tiara Express
Have you spoken with seaboard marine yet about this? I believe they are in Ventura and are THE Cummins authorities. They also sell these digital conversions so I’m pretty sure they can walk you through install and they are very nice people.

Upvote 0