Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
Looking for input on Crystaliners.
Have a 33' with Detroit Diesels, 8.2's....I know.....Just want a head start on repower plan.
What do you have for power?
Props?
Speed?
I know there are a lot of single engine conversions also

willyok

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2012
San diego, CA
Name
Will
Boat
Aloha Lady 33' K&C.
I don’t think you’ll get too many responses from other crystaliners here. But I too own a limited manufactured hull (knight and carver 33’), so I’ll offer my input as a diesel tech and boat owner.

Whether your looking for repower options or a solid opinion of how to make your current plant last, look into seaboard marine in Oxnard. He knows most of the readily produced hull designs in Southern California and has a real grasp on how to make any Diesel engine survive as far as propping and exhaust set up. I changed a thing or two on mine based on communication with him and am very pleased.

If you look into boat diesel, you can plug in your hull weight and desired speed to determine a prop and engine needed.

Will

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
Sep 19, 2005
La Quinta
Name
Dan
Boat
Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
I think it is a cool shape and probably a great platform if you can get it dialed in to relability.

Jul 28, 2015
Newport Beach
Name
NJ
Boat
Crystaliner 29 R/S
Not sure if you have the flybridge or express but...

I’ve got a crystaliner 29 express repowered with twin Yanmar 4LHA STP’s with 240 hp a pop. I cruise at 18 knots and burn 1.4 gallons per nm.

There is a 33 express down the dock from me with the 6 cylinder yanmars and I think he is cruising around 22-23 knots. Not sure of his fuel burn.

Cryastaliner made great boats that are built like brick shithouses. Have had mine out in some nasty stuff that others would think twice about in a 29 footer of another brand. They are not light though...

Reactions: Bella star

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Baywatch boats...

MarineDieselDr.

Well-Known "Member"
May 18, 2013
NPB
Name
Erik
Boat
35 skipjack
Cummins 6BTA remans will be your best bang for the buck. They are one inch longer at the front mount. Just a tad taller as well. The 8.2 is a hard engine to get parts for these days. I know them well.

Islandrat

Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Right on, thanx for replies. Wanna run mine for a year or two and maybe some 6BTA's in my future. It is the flybridge and am enjoying it. Most guys around here converted to single and have a big engine box, thats what I don't want.

Islandrat

Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Been a while, any other input? Boat is still running good and I like the platform