nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
This was the 8th annual Crystal Pier Kid's Fishing Derby organized by Captain Ron Baker and thanks to many sponsors including Friends of Rollo as the title sponsor, Bub's who provided tons of awesome fish tacos for the kid;s and their families, Filippi's Pizza provided pizzas, the San Diego Rod & Reel club assisted in helping with the event and served the pizzas, Mila was back with her outstanding face painting skills, Jim & Megan with the Crystal Pier motel, and several others who were there as sponsors or volunteers. A huge thanks goes to the members of Bloodydecks who showed up to either rig lines on the loaner rods from the Lakeside Optimists or to help in cutting the bait for the kids use, setting up prizes, untangling lines, weighing the fish, etc.

Most of all, a huge thanks to Captain Ron Baker for once again organizing such an outstanding event, year after year! The kids loved it!

Here are a couple pics as well as a link to all the pics I took. Post your comments in this thread of your favorite pics and thank those who made this day possible!!

Link to pictures: pix.sfly.com/A9ATqoCR
IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6348.JPG
IMG_6351.JPG
IMG_6362.JPG
IMG_6370.JPG
IMG_6382.JPG
IMG_6384.JPG
IMG_6388.JPG
IMG_6392.JPG
IMG_6393.JPG
IMG_6399.JPG
IMG_6401.JPG
IMG_6413.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG
IMG_6432.JPG
IMG_6440.JPG
IMG_6444.JPG
IMG_6454.JPG
IMG_6461.JPG
IMG_6481.JPG
IMG_6492.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6494.JPG
IMG_6504.JPG
IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6566.JPG
IMG_6572.JPG
IMG_6580.JPG
IMG_6583.JPG

Upvote 0

MikeeDaGuy

Fishin FIN-Attict
May 21, 2006
Frazier Park
Name
Mikee
Boat
12' Klamath Aluminium, 14' Valco
The smiles say it all, for the first time since reading about these events I am south of you. . . for good reason not by choice but necessity.
You are so wonderful to put all your time out for these events Maggie. This world is a better place for us all having people like you and those who donated time for this and all the BD events that BD is involved with.

Awesome Pictures! and post!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MJB

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    sold it!!
    I had a great time cutting bait with Mikey......and the cheese cake was soooo good
    Thanks for letting me help!

Very good kids......

Reactions: nunyabizness1
    Upvote 0

nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
    Feb 9, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Nunya
    Boat
    S. S. Minnow
    I had a great time cutting bait with Mikey......and the cheese cake was soooo good
    Thanks for letting me help!

Very good kids......

Mark,

Thank you for helping Mikey with the bait! That was a HUGE help and I really appreciate it!

You both stood there at the sink cutting bait from 7 am until after lunch in the direct sun and were so good with the kids. It was great to have you there helping.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Latest posts